Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi, I haven't been on in forever, I posted one other post, but I wanted to rant again!

My daughter's sick, she has diarrhea, threw up once, and has a fever. My husband knows this but he just called to tell me we were all going out to eat for my sister-in-laws birthday(she just had a baby like 2 days ago!) I told him that with Sara being sick she and I needed to stay home and he told me, "just bring her, it will be fine"!!!

Guess what I told him? NO!!! I would rather stay home and clean v***t and risk getting sick than bringing her out to restaurant and getting how many other people sick, and I'm really not bringing her around a newborn baby!

I really wonder what he's thinking sometimes!

Misty

your doing the right thing keeping her home. I wish everyone else was that considerate. But i guess without the phobia, others just dont care
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I'm sorry about the situation you are in right now. I've been having problems with my husband lately too, and believe me, I wonder what he's thinking half the time also. Very annoying. He makes me out to be the crazy one when he doesn't use his head. Whatever. Good luck and do what you think is best.

My husband and his family are like that sometimes. I guess they dont mind it because they dont worry about the sicknesses and stuff like that like I do. And really, does he honestly think your daughter wants to be at a b-day party when she isnt feeling well, not to mention the newborn baby. I dont blame you one bit for not going!!!!

I think we will always wonder what our men are thinking, LOL!!!!

I hope you and your daughter get to feeling better very soon!!!!

Thanks! I think I am a bit hungry, I'm going to eat something now while she's sleeping. My husband was mad at me for losing weight, I was starting to feel really disgusting for being so skinny, I'm starting to put weight back on, I don't want to lose it again![img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

I don't blame you for not going. If I was the mother of the new baby, I would certainly appreciate the fact that you are considerate enough not to have your daughter around the baby. Men just don't get it sometimes. I do not have any children YET (I hope to soon), but I have a feeling when the time comes my husband will act similarly. He doesn't understand the whole emet thing anyway!

Thank you, thank you, thank you....
    I wish more people were considerate as you are!

--Kim

Good for you!!!

Wish everyone was as considerate. Especially considering you would rather stay home and face your biggest fear than spread the sickness. Props to you!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks! I'm doing okay for right now.My daughter didn't throw up and the hubby brought me some tacos and I ate dinner so I'm good! I hope this thing doesn't spread, but for right now I'm okay!

Misty