Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: KFC?

ok so we have the maccy ds thread - now for the KFC.

well if the UK ad isnt enough to put us all off - do many off u eat at KFC?

it has to be actually my FAVE fast food outlet - i love the fillet tower burgers.

HOWEVER, i was speaking to my neighbour - who told me a story of waking up in the night, being sick and then went back to bed - no bug - she thought it was coz she had a kfc that day...

what do u think?
    do you think it worth steering clear?

ems x

You know, different foods affect people differently. We have some friends, that we used to go out with frequently (before each of us had 3 kids!) and my friend seemed to always wake up during the night sick. She just seemed to have a weak stomach, so to speak. If you like KFC, dont let this stop you from eating there. If she had gotten food poisioning from there, I think she would have been sick more than just that one time.

I hate to even say my story of KFC, but let put it this way my boyfriend, will never eat it again, and a girl I jused to work with had to be admittted into the hospital for a couple of days, I don't even think I should post this, but I just refuse to eat KFC. We all have our favorite foods, and if you have never had a bad experience, than I say eat it. My boyfriend got sick like 12 years ago, and my coworker got sick because of the mayo, at least that is what the doctors thought. Sorry, if I made you never want to eat KFC again.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

I dont like KFC. Wayyyyyyyyy to greasy, I always feel horrible after eating it.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

i always feel horrible after eating maccy ds - it always tastes good - but afterwards i always regret it and feel mingin - pretty much like most fast food rubbish!!

ems x

oh Mitch - perhaps pm me ur story - id be quite interested since i eat there quite alot - i know if i didnt know then it wldnt bother me - but i kinda wanna know - if its soooo bad...it wldnt be a bad thing either if it made me not eat junk food!

HAH! you know wot my sister told me a story bout KFC the other day. heaven knows if it's the truth or whether it's one of those rumours that go around...

BUT anyway, she said how KFC raise their chickens with (either - she can't remember) 3 legs, or 3 wings....

imagine being a poor little chicken horribly confused as u seem to have grown an extra limb....

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KFC or any "junk" fast food is horrible. The grease or oil is not
    changed regularly. All of the fat is hydrogentated which never
    leaves your body. It is so bad for you.

Stella

Everyone should read the book fast food nation

Or, maybe you shouldn't, but it changed my life emet or not emet.
    \"This too shall pass\"

yeah i have that book - just never got round to reading it...maybe i will next!!

im too into the da vinci code hype at the moment - and i gotta say its EXCELLENT!

ems x

I will never go back to KFC, my family had the diarrehea so bad from there. There was a article later on stating that the health inspector closed them until they emptied the oil and cleaned the deep fryers, apprently it wasn't up to code and I dont want to know about their codes. I agree with Stella. I won't be ingesting that stuff in my body.

Yuck. KFC and most fast food places are disgusting. I never feel right after I eat at those places. I try to always eat at home where I can cook because I know that my hands are clean and I know what is going into the food.

Stephanie

I really did love KFC's popcorn chicken, but two of my friends have gotten food poisoning there. Generally fast food in general is really bad for you, but I have heard about the way that KFC raises their chickens, and it really sounds like one of the worse places to go. However, ultimately it is your choice!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

You know I used to LOVE KFC and still do but dont eat there. I love their cole slaw! BUT one time I got chicken from there that wasnt completely done. I did not get sick (Thank God) but it grossed me out SO bad I will never eat there anymore.

I got to Popeye's now!

LOL I guess I need to respond to this seeing as I work at a KFC.I know that with any restraunt chain you will hear of someone who has gotten food poisioning, but that doesn't mean that you will get sick from going to every kfc. The KFC I work at is extremely clean, we get inspected regularly by kfc officals and have recieved the highest scores in our region (all above 90%), and in the almost 3 years I have been working there I have only seen the board of health fault us for having too much ice built up in the freezer (which someone could slip and fall). In fact one man from the board of health comes in and eats there all the time (it says something if he feels confident enough to eat there). The cook cleans the fryers and changes the oil regulary. Our whole staff has been trained towatch expiration dates, and hold times (the time period that the food can be served after it is cooked and still be considered 'hot and fresh'), to make sure product is up to temperature and quality, and if anything isn't right we don't sell it.

Kfc doesn't raise it's own chickens, so all of the nasty rumors of 3 legged chickens, featherless chickens, or headless chickens are all untrue. KFC buys its chickens from suppliers, that supply chicken to other restraunts too.

I think that it is horribly funny that I am posting this, because I hate fast food, but at the same time, I know that my kfc is a safe clean place to eat at.

I had some friends who worked at KFC and it really differs store to store. The franchise they worked at was totally clean and they followed the health rules completely.. No joking around.

\"This too shall pass\"

confused - i want to eat at ur KFC!!! it sounds like u guys have ur heads screwed on. its just when u go in and there is some spotty teenager goofing abt with his mates behind the counter - just makes u think! altho i have eaten there in the past!!

ems x

If I crave KFC I will eat at KFC.

I have never gotten food poisening from there and I don't know anyone else who has either.

I think your chances of getting sick from KFC food are probably about the same as eating out at any other place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>