Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bachelor Party

My husband's at a bachelor party tonight so naturally I'm at home already panicking that he'll come home wasted and v*. He's gotten sick from drinking 3 times in the 2 years we've been together. Lately, knowing how bad my emet has been, he's been very careful not to drink too much, but tonight he got a littlefrustrated when I told him "to behave". I even told him he should sleep on the pullout couch in the basement "just in case". What's gotten into me?

-Nicole

It's normal...you're afraid and he should be understanding!!!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I understand your worries. I always think about thinks like this (which is why I always monitor how much I am drinking). If he comes home drunk, I'd just grab the sofa for the night (no sense in bickering over it with someone who is really too drunk to argue) and tomorrow morning tell him that next time he drinks to much that it is only fair that he take the sofa.

Dont feel bad.. I once slept in the garage, in the car because my ex came home drunk from party.. He thought I was nuts.
    [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

--Kim

My boyfriend is sleeping in the spare bedroom right now because he went out drinking after work. The rule in my house is, you want to get wasted, fine go ahead, but you have to sleep else where. He was mad at first, so I told him to quit drinking, and since that is out of the question for him, he decided to just start sleeping on the couch or in the other bedroom. So he rarely sleeps with me (which is fine by me). So you should not feel bad at all. He knows you have this fear, and he either should not drink, or be kind enough to sleep on the pullout. It shouldn't matter to him in the slightest. Don't worry, it seems that we all do this, so your not the only one!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.