Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I HATE THIS

Hey all... I've been having a crappy time lately with emet and my obsessiveintrusivethoughts.I was doing sooo well for a while. I wasn't feeling sick every single day and I was energetic. But for exactly a week now, I haven't gone longer than 5 minutes every single waking hour of every day this week that I haven't thought of some aspect of v*ing, or assuming that I am or someone around me is going tov*!I'm going crazy! I don't know what happened! And now I'm feeling sickly again and all this crap. Its so depressing. I mean, honestly, if I'm going to be thinking this way for the rest of my life, I want to blow my brains out. I'm so upset. I hate myself. [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Allie,

think about the time u were doing so well - and before that maybe u werent doing well - so that time will come again. just hold on and this crap time will be over im sure (hmm well put emma!)

but u know what i mean right? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

it sounds like ur going thro a rough patch again - and i am too this week - maybe its something to do with the moon? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

anyways - please dont hate urself, ur strong and this crap bit will pass soon - try and focus on something nice/good in ur life.

ems x

Try to focus on the positive things in your life. Everyone goes through rough times dealing with the emet, but it will pass. You need to surround yourself with people you love and who love you and understand what you are going through. Get some help, because if it is affecting whether or not you want to live, something else is going on in your brain you may not be aware of like serotonin levels may be low. Drugs can take care of that.Get help, please.

Stephanie

a couple of weeks ago i was going insane inside my own mind... everyone i looked at i'd immediately imagine they were going to v* all over me.... eveyrtime i shut my eyes i had these graphic images.. i seriously thought i had just snapped

but i guess i'm here to say, it gets better. i stil have these obsessive thoughts but not half as bad. i used the distraction technique.. i am working working working this week. if i stop, i find i start thinking, i start thinking "what if i v*" or "what if she v*'s" e.t.c. when that happens, i commit myself to some work again.

it doesnt HAVE to be work that distracts you, can be anything you like/enjoy. just remmebr you have the power over this goddamn emet.

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I too go through this. Things WILL get better sweetie I promise.

Dont hate yourself...you simply cannot control these thoughts right now. You are a beautiful person that is going through a touch time right now. It will get better.

Has there been anything to spark this sudden fear lately to make you feel this way?

We are here for you. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: madisonsmom

awwwwwwww *hugs*

you need something to take your mind off thinking of v*. Even something simple like listening to music or watching TV(aslong as it isn't a programme which involves V*! lol)

You really do have to tell yourself that you and everyone around you is OK, and will not throw up any second. Try to think like a non-emet, it worked for me. Imagine you are not trapped in the 'emet box' and that you are free to be with 'the non-emets' think how happy you are to get out of the box.... and i just made that up and im talking s***, im so sorry [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]bye xxxx

when i was going through a rough time like that i watched the same episode of a tv show that i had tapedover and over again (i bet i watched it 12 times). it wasn't even good, but it made me feel comfortable because it was something i knew and i could trust that it wouldn't change on me.

I know what you mean about tv programs making you feel better. I am the same way. I watched the movie The Family Man when I was last ill and I felt comforted whenever it was playing. I truly hope you can find comfort in something. I am sure any one of us would be there if we could [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Stephanie

How are you doing Allie?

I hope you are better today![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]