Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi!

Not everybody will remember me, but I've been an active member some years ago. And last summer I have written a book about emet (unfortanately foryou in Dutch)and this week it will be published in the Netherlands and Belgium! Yesterday I got the first book! Look:

Isn't that great!!!

There is a lot of media attention for it! Two of the Netherlands leadingpapers are gonna do a story, three Dutch/Belgium woman magazines and it will be discussed on one of the Netherlands most popular talkshows. They wanted an interview with me, but because of my emet I backed out. Now Emma (spamslet) and another girl from the Dutch emet phorum will go for me. I think there won't be a single soul in the Netherlands who haven't heared of emet and my book [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]!!

So the title is Misselijk van angst - leven met een overgeeffobie (meaning 'Sick with fear - living with a vomit phobia)' and it will be in thestores from next saturday (april, 9th). I will keep y'all informed about how it is going...

Bye!
    Margaret

Margaret

*Even a thousand-miles journey starts with a first step*

wow thats fantastic [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] wart a huge step for all of us emets - congratulations you have done a lot for our emet community!
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

WoW-do you ever think ul be able to get the book publiched in English? Id love to read something like that![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Yay!!!!!!! Thats so great!!!!!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! !

That's so great!!!

Congratulations!

Well donne Margaret!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

that is SO great to hear.

BIG PAT ON THE BACK FOR YOU!!!!

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh my gosh! That's terrific!! I wish it was in English too! ^_~ Congrats!!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

WOW! thats great And yeh, it should be deffinatly be available in english! We want to read tooooo! hehe

well done!!
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Thanx guys!

Well if it is up to me, I want to let it translated into English, but my publisher says that selling the translation rights is not easy. I will keep you informed!

My book tells about the phobia in theory, based on a questionaire which the emets from the Dutch emetophobia site have answered. For example the chapter about treatments tells which treatments the emets have found to be helpful. Every bit of theory (for example in the chapter treatments every treatment) ends with a short story of an emet about the theory (in this case a story about the experience with this treatment). And every chapter ends with a personal story from me.

Anyhow, I think if the book will be translated, than I want to rewrite the book. Than I want to ask you guys to fill in the questionaire and tell me about which helped you! (and exclude the Dutchtherapy which is in my book and include therapies we don't know in the Netherlands). So the book will be based on your questionary! I think it will be great, but my publisher is not very enthousiastic yet. I will keep you informed. Don't hold your breath [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

But wasn't Sage writing an English book about emet? Isn't that published yet?

With me:first things first. I am concentrating now on my Dutch book!!Edited by: Margaret
    Margaret

*Even a thousand-miles journey starts with a first step*

That is SO awesome!! I would get it if it were in English![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment.

Wow Margaret you got it all done *squeals* of COURSE I remember you and this is just fab news, well done girly you must be so proud *hugs* i have a friend who lives in Belgium and I will get her to keep an eye out for this for me! I am seriously so pleased to hear this, well done!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Congratulations, Margaret!! I have been wondering about how you were doing lately!!

Wow Margaret!! I am so proud of you!! I knew you had this in the works a long time. That is just so awesome. Man whenever there are copies in english I am so on it!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

ETA: I should learn Dutch! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Edited by: Galadriel

Thank you , Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!

People need to know about this!!!! Thanks for giving us a voice.

Margaret - of course i remeber u too!!! and i remember when u said u were writing and u HOPED it wld be published!! well now u have the photos to show us!!

im so PROUD of u! u must be over the moon!!

ems x [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Wow, Margaret, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Good luck, I'm usre it will be a huge success and for those people who have this phobia and may not have internet access or for whatever reason not found yours or this site they will now know they are not alone! YAY!!!!!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I was just wondering about your book the other day! Well done though, its a huge achievement. I hope you decide to doanother book for us english!!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Congratulations!! That's so great to hear that it got published!!! I hope you can put out another edition in english. I'd buy it for sure!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

MARGARET - THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm thrilled to pieces....and I WISH it could be translated into English. But I understand the publishing world a bit, and I know that it's hard to just publish whatever you want - there has to be a market for it.

My partner (former therapist) and I hope to get back to our book this coming summer. We did about 18 months of research (not the same as you - asking subjective questions of emets, but rather research on the phobia/fear response in the brain, and the effects of gradual exposure as well as the therapist/client relationship [feelings of safety] AND working with emotion in a person-centered approach to root out the deep, original [family] problems which may have contributed to the phobia.) Phew! That was a long bla bla bla...

My point was that I had to put the writing on hold to finish my research and writing of another book (it's on family systems therapy and personal leadership). That's more related to my work...so the emet book had to go on the back burner.

But we'll have to get onto it, or the research will be old...my partner also started writing another book as well, so we need to get coordinated again.

But WA-HOO to you for getting yours done!!!

I hope that the more people are aware, the more folks will come forward and demand better treatment programs so that more people can be alleviated from this suffering.

Thanks, Margaret.

...Sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I remember u too, margaret! Well done for getting your book done and published! Woohoo! I'[m sure it will sell reallly well

<font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>