Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: april fools!

I know april fools was yesterday, but did anyone have any jokes played on them?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

lol no one really played pranks or jokes yesterday that i almost forgot! but Happy Late April fools!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

wow i didnt know april fools was an international thing, had no tricks played on me personally but i fell for the ones in the newspapers!

We just put a post it on a guy at work, and because we "heartedly" laugh at him all the time, it was really funny!!!

OMG!!! i finally got my fiance, dave!! he is the king of practical jokes and i haven't been able to get him for the past 3 years. well....

I changed his desktop to say 'April Fools!!' really big and bright. When he came home, i told him that i knocked his computer over and it wouldn't turn on. Since i was moving furniture around that day he believed me. Now, ya gotta understand that he LOVES his pc and has been having problems with it. He finally got it all fixed after about 3 months, so when i told him, he was scared. As he was turning it on to see 'what i had done to it', he just had his head in his hands and was mumbling obscenities. Then the main screen came on as i was standing behind him and when he looked up, there it was:'APRIL FOOLS!!' in big, fatbrightness. Needless to say he was shocked and his heart was pounding out of his chest - i actually got him! yay!

Hope all is well...

LOL Steph, that soundedwas so funny! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I let my 8 yr. old daughter go four wheeling with my 14 year old sister and her 16 year old boyfriend (as long as they went slow, drove responsibly and she wore a helmet), they called me and told me she broke her leg. I freaked out! I think they felt bad once they realized how I reacted. I could've killed them when they said "APRIL FOOLS". But, on the other hand I was so glad that everyone was safe. Oh.. That was soo not nice.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Not on me... but I pulled a prank on the landlord. There are 4 complex's and when we have a problem he is slow to get on it, so we had problems with the washing machine it was leaking water. The other night he said he fixed it. On April 1st he was at work and I lefta message on his machine at home, screaming that the washing machine was leaking water so bad that the floor is flooded!! I waited a bit and phoned again left a message saying April Fools!!! He said I almost gave him heart attack. I thought it was funny, maybe that joke will snap him out if his laziness and start fixing things around here!

I was able to get one on my husband this year.

The day before April Fools, we had just bought an expensive curtain for one of our doors and he had spent about 2 hours trying to put it up to my standards. Our two cats went crazy over it after we put it up and they couldn't stay away from it. Anyway, Friday morning after he went to work, he called me and I told him that I was extremely upset because I had discovered the cats had torn a hole in the new curtain. He became very silent and didn't say anything for a few seconds. Then he just sighed very loudly and said that we would have to put our old blinds back up on the door. Then I said "April Fools"! He fell for every word of it. Later that day when he came home from work he called me and said "I thought you said April Fools about the cats tearing a hole in the curtains" I was too smart for that though. I knew he was just trying to get me back!

HMM well my office got us all, when we got in we had a letter on all of our screens that said we are closing at 2 today ladies so enjoy.. All of us quickly started to plan our day, I was like COOL, I get to go home and get my weekend started to early. But that wasa sad kick in the butt, becasue once the boss saw our glee and happiness, he sent out another instant message with those lovely words... APRIL FOOLS.. that got us all upset..so one of the girls here, wanted to get him back, we have been all alittle unhappy with the way things are going here in the office, so our boss is always asking us if we are going to leave, so one of the girls, took him a 2 week notice, and then waiting about 15 minutes, then told him APRIL FOOLS.. we got him back for making us get excited for no reason.. I hope every had a good day.