Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello all:

I have been feeling kind of under the weather the past couple of days with dizziness and lightheadedness and a not so good feeling in my stomach. Today, I felt better when I woke up, but now this afternoon, I have had cramps and diarrhea and I am scared. I am scared because my kids had had the sv a week ago and now I am afraid I am coming down with it. I hate this feeling more than anything. I keep telling myself it isn't the stomach flu because it was a week ago Wednesday since my daughter v* and I thought for sure it would be over by now if I was going to get it. I wish my life did not revolve around trying NOT to get sick rather than being consumed with fear all the time. Would anyone out there be willing to chat?

Stephanie

How are you now??

Oh no! I hope you arent sick. I would think the same way as you, if you were going to get it than you should have had it by now!

Keep us posted.

I am bloated and have some stomach cramps, but I am not nauseated. I know these posts get so redundant after awhile, but it really is kinda scarey to feel this way. I guess it is just the fear of what MAY happen. Thanks for your concern, madisonmom. It is nice to know that someone out there cares [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Steph

I am so sorry, I hope you feel better soon!!!

I guess you can deal with that[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]. I think the way you are feeling now is worse than "it". You know what I hate about a stomach virus? I always v* in 1 or 2 hour waves...like clock work. I guess the time in between depends on the type of virus or how bad I have it. UGH THEY SUCK!

Uf, you poor thing. I so hate being ill in that way. Believe it or not, I would rather go through almost anything else; having a bad cold, or even going in for surgery. When I had my c-sections, I refused medication because I was afraid it would make me nauseated or vomit. I was in A LOT of pain, but I was not sick to my stomach! I dealt with it a whole lot better that way. I think for us, it is the experiences we have had with sv's in the past that we don't want to have to deal with again. I hope you can get some help too.

Stephanie

I was sick that way this past week. (dizziness and lightheadedness, not feeling right in the tum tum) I went to my allergist and she said that I had a virus that attacked my middle ear and that's what caused me to feel so crummy. Maybe you just have something like that going on. I was totally convinced that I had a tummy bug when I woke up and the room was spinning. I couldn't get out of bed for a day.
    How are you feeling now? How long did your kids' sickness last?
    \"This too shall pass\"

there is a medical reasons for getting sick in waves like that. its because your stomach is programmed to move in specific ways on a cycle, to make sure the food does what its supposed to. so what happens is the sv, or other aliment, attacks part of the programming and changes it so your body goes "ok, if i cant do what im supposed to lets see how we handle this little temper tantrum im about to throw".

*sighs* you know you have too much tiem with your internet connection when...

My kids were sick for about five days each. Two of them even threw up four days after the initial vomiting day. It was really hard. I am feeling a little better today, but I think I have some inner ear thing going on. I am just glad I am not vomiting. Anything but that!

Stephanie

I am glad you are feeling ok

~whew~

Quote Originally Posted by realtaken

I think for us, it is the experiences we have had with sv's in the past that we don't want to have to deal with again. I hope you can get some help too.

Stephanie

SO TRUE! That is exactly right~