Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all, hope everyone is doing great... can I please have some insight on how excesise helps with depression and anxiety? I would love to start but am soooo lazy...Please exuse the spelling cannot spell this word no matter how much I try!!! TIA

Erica[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well i go to a class called body combat - its non combat kicking and punching to music - its real fun and really gets all my anger/depression out!! i then sometimes go the gym and sometimes do yoga. it dpends what motivates u really - and if exercise motivates u as much as it did me (i.e NOT AT ALL!) then i rcmd doing something in group - rather than alone in he gym!

i always feel soooo much happy when i exercise. give it ago and see.
    ems x

I heard the other day that it only takes 8 minutes of even just walking to get the serotonin levels up and the epinephrine levels down.

\"This too shall pass\"

EricaI am with you!! Exercising is great for the body and mind. Last October I believe I watched this infomercial about the Gunnar Ball, all the exercise you can do on this ball and how the stars perform their exercises, so I got one. I started one day, did the exercises and could hardly bend the next day. I did it for a week and everyday I look at the lonely ball sitting on my chair calling my name, I would say to myself tomorrow I will start again tomorrow and next thing you know tomorrow is gone. So my plan is to start tomorrow!!

When I did it for that week I did feel good! Ticked me off that I spent over a hundred dollars for the ball that comes with DVD's but could have bought the ball at Wal Mart for 8 dollars!

I remember Oprah Winfrey saying that people are saying that she lost the weight because she has money!! She said it was her ass on the treadmill no one elses!!

You can do it Erica!!!!

Thanks Rhonda!! The only thing about exercising is the motivation... DVD's can be sooo monatonus (sp). Walking is boring!! We have a huge Bowflex machine sitting in the basement collecting dust. I think I will be more motivated to work out knowing it will definitly boost my mood, not to mention tighten me up... after 3 kids my body def is not the way it used to be... think, more skin!!

I know what you mean. I keep thinking now if I stick to it my legs will become toned, my flabby tummy from having kids will be smaller,my butt wont look sodroopy!! I keep dreaming that way it is a nice dream!! I just need a kick in the butt to motivate myself!!

I've been lifting weights 4 days a week for the past month and a half, and I feel really good. Exercising and weight lifting releases endorphins (feel good chemicals) in your brain. Somehow it helps with anxiety and depression not to mention it gives you more energy. It's basically the same chemicals that are released when you you know what.

the thing that motivated me the MOST about doing excercise was my before and after blood pressure and pulse rate - i cant remember exact - but even after a month of taking regular exercise - it went down considerably!! That spurred me on to keep going.

i know it is hard to get started - but push urslf and try and keep at it!!

ems xx

Hi skinnyme - I can be pretty lazy, but exercise does wonders to help my moods, even if it is a walk around my neighborhood. Do you have a walkman or anything? Knowing I have good tunes to listen to helps motivate me!

ems you are right about feeling better. When I was doing my ball exercises, drinking more water than tea and pop, eating my fruits and vegetables I felt better inside and out. I will start the ball again and think more of the benefits!!

I think maybe I will dust off my elliptical trainer and see how much I can do of that.

My cousin just told me that her trainer told her walking is the best excercise(even for flabby "i've had two kids"tummies like mine) so that is my goal now that the weather has started to turn nicer. I joined a gym a year ago and I went for like 2 months and hurt my knee. My Dr. said I would be good to go in 2 weeks but I lost my momentum. That and it was flu season at the time and I was nervous about germs on the equipment. I'm still on contract till next year though[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I wish I could find someone to go with-it would be more fun.