Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I have recently had increasing anxiety attacks and a few bad experiences. However, everyone always tells me to "calm down and relax" when I have panic attacks, but when I do this I find that I feel the sick feeling more.

Also, I have tried to go out and face the things that I least like, and even though I just about cope whilst doing them I find I have full blown panic attacks after. Do you think if you keep confronting things then it will get better? I find night particularly hard and have to listen to music to get to sleep. I also wake up with nauseous feelings [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Just wondered what your thoughts were on this??[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

I find also that I feel the stomach sensations more when I try to calm down, and I thought it was only me, but yah! I'm not, not that its a good thing though....

i feel the same way. I absolutely hate night time. I start feeling sick, then panicking then i have to wait up usually til 2 or 3am til i feel safe enough to go to sleep. But, if you keep exposing urself to the situations that scare and panic you, it will get easier. I was doing CBT before xmas and thats exactly what i had to do to help with emet and agoraphobia and it did work, but i had a relapse so im back in therapy. The point is, that i know this works. Although i know how badly it can make you feel at the time and afterwards when you think about it. But try to stick with it, its worth it!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I don't eat after 8pm, if I feel hungry I drink water or tea usually ginger or chamomile tea. At times I put a few drops of rescue remedy under my tongue instead of taking Lorazapam that was I am not so groggy in the morning. I am 39 years old and have to sleep with my radio on and have the hall light on! I listen to George Noory on the radio and sometimes count backwards. I have been listening to the radio since I was 9. I have slept through the night for years unless my son is sick or is feeling sick.

I know this may sound strange, but when I was having a REALLY hard time with anxiety attacks, especially at night, I found that crying actually made my stomach feel better.I can't explain why, but it did.

I can relate to eveything everyone has written!! It was like I
    wrote it myself. I stay up until 3 am almost everynight as
    well. I have to sleep with the tv on, and I also find that crying
    sometimes helps! I also have my own little thing that I do to
    help take my mind off of it. I read out loud. It sounds
    silly, but it really works! I do live with my boyfriend, but he
    has gotten used to it. All I have to do is tap him on his
    shoulder when he is sleeping and say, Can I read to you? He knows
    that means I am panicky and always says yes. He sleeps right
    through it!! But it is nice to get ideas from other people on
    what they do to help them through the panic. Carrie

i find crying always makes me feel better - and that once i start crying - i have accepted that i am in a panic - and its ok coz its JUST a panic - i dont really feel sick...does that make sense?

i just cant stay awake anymore - im up at 6.30 most mornings and im soooo tired at night that im sick of staying awake just incase.

ems x