Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Contagious?

I know this question has been asked before but I can't find it on the boards or find the answer on google...so...

Are people really contagious with the SV only after their first sypmtom (which could be nausea)? Because one of my friends has the sv, but she got nauseous the day i left for NY. Iin that case, i would be in the clear. But if you are contagious before the first symptom, then i am, well, screwed. Does anyone know the answer for sure?

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Even if she was contagious you are not necessarily screwed. Remember you have a healthy immune system. Your body works hard to fight things off, so even if you drank after her right after she vomited and while she had a fever, you could still never end up getting sick.

I think what they found on the board is that it is mostly contagious after fever, vomiting or diarrhea begins and then for a while after.

Think positive and don't let yourself worry.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Think positive thoughts!

I posted an article about noroviruses...its called "A Good article about noroviruses" Here is a little blip about the incubation and all------- I bolded the part that you would be interested in. Here is a link to the post http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=3814&am p;PN=3

There is so much debate about this but I personally think since it is fecal/oral transmitted so it would take a lot to get it prior to the onset of symtoms. I know its possible but just think of how many MORE people would get it. KWIM?? http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=3814&am p;PN=3

Virus Transmission

Noroviruses are transmitted primarily through the fecal-oral route, either by consumption of fecally contaminated food or water or by direct person-to-person spread. Environmental and fomite contamination may also act as a source of infection. Good evidence exists for transmission due to aerosolization of vomitus that presumably results in droplets contaminating surfaces or entering the oral mucosa and being swallowed. No evidence suggests that infection occurs through the respiratory system.

Noroviruses are highly contagious, and it is thought that an inoculum of as few as 10 viral particles may be sufficient to infect an individual. During outbreaks of norovirus gastroenteritis, several modes of transmission have been documented; for example, initial foodborne transmission in a restaurant, followed by secondary person-to-person transmission to household contacts. Although presymptomatic viral shedding may occur, shedding usually begins with onset of symptoms and may continue for 2 weeks after recovery. It is unclear to what extent viral shedding over 72 hours after recovery signifies continued infectivity.

Thanks you guys!

In any case, i will wait for a while before having close contact with her. No sharing clay in ceramics major!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Definitely. I always protect myself and stay FAR away