Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Please smeone...I need some support...I am litteraly about to V in a major way...I don't know why or what it's from...but I have been on the verge of V for about 4 hours...it comes and goes but mostly comes...i think I am dry heaving too...i don't really know...it is soooooooooooooo bad...i want to go somewhere and die...I am at work too...I cannot leave b/c there won't be enough coverage...the nausea is soooooooooooooooo bad I am so scared...it won't go away...i tried to eat a cracker and that made it worse...i have not eaten anything since dinner last night which was chicken pie...carrots and that's it...I have not felt this bad in forever...i think this is going to be the time for me..i knew i would jinx myself for commenting on my # of years without V.........M****** F*******. I am pissed...but more scared than anything....please someone here hear my pain...i really feel sick...K

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Ok, try to stay as calm as possible. If you havent eaten anything since last night then there is noway you will have anything to bring back up! Just take lots of sips of water and try not to tense up our stomach. If you actually go to the bathroom and try to be sick you may find that it is harder than you think to actually be sick. Also if you have a cd player or some form of relaxing music you can play-i find that really helps! Keep us posted....

</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Try and calm down. Take some slow deep breaths, and please try and calm down. I think part of the reason you are feeling so sick is because you are very worked up, so you really need to take deep breaths and calm down. You said you haven't eaten since last night, could you maybe be hungry? Do you have any sprite, or ginger ale? Or any drinks with some sugar? Your blood sugar could be down very low with no food in your system and that will make you sick. How are you feeling now? Do you think you could take a break from work and go walk and get some fresh air? I know that helps when I feel sick.I am so sorry you are going through this, but everything will be alright, I promise.

That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Hi...thanks for responding...I am still sick...haven't V yet...my head feels all funny too...like you feel when you have a virus.....but my throat is so dry...usually it's watery when you are going to v...but i honestly do feel like i could...but there is nothig for me to v if i did...i don't understand why i am feeling this way...i have had a bad headache all weekend long...i took my allery shots yesterday so i don't think it's sinus problems....maybe a migrane....but good lord i can't take this all day...it's already been since 9 am this morning....and it has only let up for just a little bit....i get to walk outside in about an hour to go to the atm machine and turn it over for the day...i cannot imagine staying here for another 4 hours feeling this way...i just hope if it's a bug i don't give it to my boys...that would be the worst....thanks again for helpin gme through this...keep them coming...i just hope that the worst doesn't happen...all thought earlier i have to admit if i would have gone on and V...i may have felt better...but it just won't go away that is the scary part......It's weird...i feel starving one second...and horribly nausueas the next...i will go get some ginger ale and sip it...i will keep you all posted....Love Kat

kate, I am so sorry you are going through this. Do you think maybe it could be a migraine, I knw those can make you pretty sick. Could you leave and go see your doctor and get a shot for the nausea? I hope you get to feeling better soon, my thoughts are with you. Please keep us posted!!

Kate, sorry to hear you are feeling this way. It may help if you sip on something like ginger ale or Sprite, as Michele mentioned. I find that helps to ease my stomach. If you truly feel that you may *v*, I probably would not eat anything for a bit. Do you have anything that you could take for the nausea? I usually keep a prescription of Phenergan, although it does make you drowsy. You probably couldn't work taking something like that. You may want to get some non-drowsy Dramimine over the counter. I know that Emetrol isn an anti-emetic too, although I've never tried it. I wish that you were able to go home and rest for a little while. That would probably help tremendously. Please update us on how you are doing. I hope you feel better!

Jess

My in-laws swear by that Emetrol. They say it really works great. I, personally have never tried it though ..........

Jennyleigh and Jess...thanks so much for the kind words..it helps to know that people who actually understand what you are going through feel your pain and fears...i am sipping on a 7up now...that is all there is here at work....besides reg. coke...anyway it's a little better but I still feel bad in my head...i am still nauseas...but not a bad right this minute...it had gone away some and then when i tried to eat that cracker...wow...it hit me like a ton of bricks again...it's so awful feeling...i feel somewhat like a bug or something...but then again i am due to start my period too any day...but I have cold chills too...then i will be hot..so maybe it's all related..i usually get sick with my period... but never to the point of feeling like this bad....gosh...i would for sure rather just lay down and die somewhere...i think I have heard of these meds you have mentioned...maybe i will go by the store and get some...if it hasn't stopped soon................... again thanks...and thank you for you kindness and nice words....if ever i can help any of you...i will be here...Kat

I am so sorry you are feeling badly. I hope you are at home now and feeling better. Please let us know.

--Kim

*hugs* i hope you are feeling better now. you are really stong to have gone though work feeling like that. let us know how you are doing and just keep breathing

I am so proud of you for not running away home, because I would have done that right away, so be proud of yourself.

I hope you are feeling better by now, let us know.

Sonia

Good Morning to you all....well I made it through without V......but I still feel horrible...weak...haven't eaten but one cracker yesterday...and a handful of fishy crackers last night...had D twice after I got home yesterday and woke up at midnight with D ...wanted so badly to stay home today...but couldn't....so I am tuffing it out...but feel really crappy...thnks for all your support...it helped...I just hope that I start my period soon...it's killing me...this always happens to me...but not this bad as of yet....wow....does it happen to anyone else.....my stomach feels so yucky...like there is a monster in it...anyway you all take care...love you all...Kat

Glad you made it through without *v*, Kate! It sounds like all of this may be related to your period, so hopefully you will feel better soon.

Jess

Thanks jess...I think you are right...it just seems so strange for it to happen every single month...however..i guess I will need to make an appt. with my gyno and try to figure this out...it's ridiculous...to feel this way once maybe twice a month...b/c sometimes it does happen more than once..anyway thanks again...Kat

I'm glad you are feeling better and good for you for staying at work and sticking it out. Feel much better soon!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kat, happy to hear you are OK. Horrible PMS crap we all have to go thru!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to all of you...I guess I will survive this.....but I still feel "bugy"...but am trying to eat alittle pasta salad....maybe it will stay put...but I have my immodium in case...don't feel the nausea anymore thank goodness...but the D is bad...thanks everyone...Kat

Kat, I just got my monthly friend, and for 3 days I had a monster in my tummy, I would eat, and then feel like I was going to V right were I was standing, It would freak me out, as soon as my monthly got here, I started to feel better. I hope u start to feel better soon Christy

Kat - how are u doing? I hate feeling ill at work - ur so brave for staying so long. i def would have gone if i had been haeving! well done for sticking it out!

come on - ur strong and u can get through this. try to eat something small - even pasta salad - maybe some dry toast? keep ur strength up and let us know how u are...

ems xx

Hi ems....thanks...I do feel somewhat better now....still alittle buggy feeling in my gut...i managed the pasta salad...but then had D....then I ate a vanilla pudding cup and so far so good....i guess it will have to run it's course...yuck...it's so nasty feeling though...I so do appreciate all your help and concern...it always makes you feel better to know someone else cares and knows how you are feeling........hopefully it will go away by tomorrow......I say a prayer every night and pray for all us emets and IBS'ers.....I also just got a call from an old and dear friend so that has put a smile on my face for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love to you all.....I will let you know how tomm. is...Kat

kate, I am glad that you are a little better atleast. That is so great that you heard from an old friend to, I bet that helped make a little difference in how you feel. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Thanks Jennyleigh...I am feeling even better now...hopefully I won't jinx myself now....but I just ate a piece of chocalate candy...yummy it was good Love all of you...Kat Yes my friend calling me....well let's just say..."HE" made my day Kat

I am so glad you are feeling better!!!! I'm sorry to be so late to respond!!!

Im pleased your feeling a little better! at least u havent v*ed - i guess thats a good thing. and i think u wld have by now if u were going to - so i guess in that sense u can relax a bit!

take care of urself - lots of fluids...!

ems x

im really glad you are feeling better and got through without running away. but i think i agree with you when you talk about seeing a dr. they might know something to help you feel better before all of this

Good morning friends....I have to say I do feel much better now...I still have not started my period yet....which is weird....but I still have slight nausea going on...no more D....that's good...I just want to thank all of you again for being so supportive through this with me....it did help me so much....made me feel not so alone...People like us have a keen sense of kindness....b/c of how we are....I will always come here for you all...hopefully this will pass soon...it just comes and goes now...the nausea....but I hope that it's just my period trying to come....have a great day everyone Kat