Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

As you all know that I am single mother to my two sons. I get down and very depressed at times thinking of the future. How can I handle when they graduate or even get married, sitting in a church and thinking a panic attack will come and I will be the wierdest mother ever. My eldest son (21)has made me proud, he confronted his father who completly stopped seeing him when he was 11, he also confronted the grandparents to. Everything is fine with that area of his life.He applied to College's for Business Administrationand Accounting, he called me from work an hour ago and yelled, I am accepted!!! He got accepted to 3 College's. He is so excited because the one he wanted to go to he got in. He will be close to my sister (6 hours away) but will be living on campus, I will miss him so much, his little brother will be heartbroken. I told him how proud I am and I loved him, he said thanks mom I love you to!! He knows about my phobia and has been great about it. I feel so proud. It has been hard being a mother and a father to him, being with him when he is puking standing beside him all the way through the good times and bad. I just want single mothers out there that the greatest award is looking at your kids and know that you are doing a great job even though we struggle through this phobia alone. This goes for all mothers to!! I am just so happy I needed to share this good news with my friends!~[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

That is wonderful, Rhonda!!! I know you will miss him though!! I already cry when I think of the kids growing up and leaving me (and they're 5, 3, and not even born yet!!) You should be proud of yourself raising such a great kid alone!!!

PS--I didn't get the pictures, I might have accidentally deleted them, but I don't think I did, could you try to send them again??

That is great news. You have obviously done an awesome job raising your children. Good luck to all of you
    \"This too shall pass\"

thanks Donna, thanks shiva. I am so happy right now!! I will send the pictures again Donna. When Justin was born I was only 19, I had help from my mom, if it wasn't for her help and guidance I don't know what I would have done!!

Congratulations on a job well done, Ontariogirl! I too am a single mom of two kids. I think that my kids arehaving a good childhood and will grow in to happy adults despite the divorce, but you always worry.It's really nice to hear a success story like yours. Their dad is really pretty active in their lives, although he lives two states away!We have really made an effort to keep it friendly and cooperative for the kids.

I struggle hugely with emet and caring for them when they are sick. It's a bitch not having someone to fall back on, but I know that even those moms with spouses still bear the majority of the burden when it comes to childcare - especially sick kids.

Thanks so much Rileyl, it is hard when they kids are sick and no one there to help. We make it through don't we,it is the hardest situation that I have to deal with. Being a parent is so rewarding isn't it?. Congratulations to you to!!

thats amazing, for both you and him. congratulations

wow that IS amazing - and inspring for everyone here! you should be proud of yourself and of HIM!

well done sweetheart
    ems x

Thanks friends, I am just so full of happiness right now. Words can't really express how I feel!!!!

Thanks[img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

That sounds great Rhonda! You should definitely be proud of yourself and your son!

Jess

Hi...I sort of understand what you are going through...though my boys are 15 and 11......well I am getting ansy thinking about my oldest one in High School now...your son sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.....thanks to you...his mom...who was always there for him and took care of him.....i hope that you will find comfort in knowing that you are his pride and joy...he sounds like he respects you alot and is thankful for you....so feel good about that Kat

Oh Kat you really touched my heart with your kind words thank you so much!

You are so welcome....I know that my boys are my world...so i know where you are coming from....all though I am married..and have been for 16 yrs this april....lord it's been a long time he has been there for me when they were sick...well some of the time...he has worked 3rd shift for so long...the whole time they were growing up practically...so I live in fear at night when he leaves for work...and I am the only one there with them if they do get sick....so I do understand...it's so hard isn't it? We are alot braver and stronger than we give ourselves credit for...so here's to us!!!!! Hope that you have a great day today.....and always be proud of being a great mom...our kids will never forget what we do for them...Kat

Rhonda, you must be so proud of Justin... the things you told me in a PM about him were wonderful. You are doing an excellent job raising your sons. I am sure Tyler will follow in Justins footsteps, they must be grateful to have you as a mother!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so happy for you Rhonda! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

aww Rhonda - just reading thro the other posts shows just wat a special mum u have been and will continue to be to ur son! u should be so proud - i know i said already - but no wonder ur so happy! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Kat - u emet mums are VERY VERY brave ladies - i admire all of you doing this - i just hope it will be me one day...

ems x

Thanks ems....it a challenge to say the least....but I truely believe that we can and will get through the hard times....I mean...what choice do we really have with it....if it happens...then there is nothing we can do but be brave..........no matter how hard it may be....I have learned that from my kids....you can't stop them from getting sick...as scarey as it is sometimes......just pray alot and know that you have other people praying for you all....in my prayers every single night I pray for all emets and IBS'ers....b/c I know of the fear...pain...and lonliness we all suffer....so I hope that it helps......you gals can do it if I did it..Kat EMS.....I promise....the joy of your children...will always prevail over the hard times....their beautiful faces make it all worth it...K

Thanks everyone and Kat you are on the money with your post!!! Cheers!!!

do you think - i mean do you really think having children will be so great that the emet wont play a huge part...oh i dunno - the thought just terrifies me - but i know one day i DO wanna have kids with jon - i just cant imagine going thro it tho...

ems x

Thanks Ontario girl...I am just trying to help and make everyone understand that when it's your child......it doesn't matter....i mean we would do anything at all for our kids....so of course we will handle sickness or whatever else comes along...bless theire hearts...they are so helpless and innocent when they are little....we have to love them...I promise all of you that you can have children and you will get through it and be happy that you did...Kat

Being a parent has its challenges! That is life. I think back to when I was a child and what I put my parents through and I think oh god!! When the kids were smaller I would call my mother and say sorry! For what she would ask? Than I would say well remember when I was 5 and I took my neighbours little Tykes bike and went uptown and crossed the road holding my hand up for the cars to stop??? Well Tyler pulled that one!! She would laugh! When the kids are sick you comfort them its natural, they depend on you. Yes of course I freaked out when they were sick, shaking with fear, to this day I still freak out and do the cleaning rituals. I just hide my fear really well from the kids. Justin didn't know until I told him about the phobia, he was 17 I think.

Don't be discouraged from having kids because of this phobia. It is wonderful!!!