Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Positive step

So I did something that I haven't done in a long time. I ACTUALLY ate a steak, a baked potato, and corn!! I actually ate it!! Usually when my boyfriend makes me a steak, I will pretend to eat it. I will cut up the meat and kind of push it around so he thinks I ate it. Well today, about an hour ago, he made me a porterhouse steak, and even though I had an upset stomach, I took a bite, and it tasted good. So I took another, and another, and the next thing I knew, I ate half of the steak, all of my potato and two scoops of corn. I actually ate a meal!! I am so proud. And I don't even feel sick right now! Usuallt after I eat, I get myself all worked up that I am going to get food poisioning, and I start having panic attacks, but I feel good. I feel full, but not to full. It really felt so good to eat a meal. I know this might not seem like a big deal, up its been so long since I have enjoyed the taste of food. And while I was eating, I was thinking I don't even care if I do get sick, this tastes sooo good. It felt nice. Nice to be able to enjoy food. And an hour later, I am still feeling good. What a great accomplishment for me. I am so happy right now!!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

That is so wonderful! It must feel great to get through the whole meal process and an hour after and still feel good.
    I know how happy I feel when I am actually hungry, and get to eat something before the hunger turns to nausea. It always seems to be such a small window! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I hope somthing clicked in you that will cause you to enjoy many other full meals!!
    --Kim

Thats great! It doesn't matter how small something seems, I think that was a huge step! Congrats! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Carrie

That is so awesome! I am really happy for you!

I love hearing good news. Yum, steak sounds good![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Congratulations! Thta's a huge step!

Mmmmm steak....i'm so hungry now! Good thing it's time for breakfast.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Well, its the next morning and I still feel good!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

That sounds great Michele! I know how good it feels to eat a decent meal without feeling sick afterwards!

Jess

You should be so proud of your self..and of course it doesnt sound silly to us..it is a big step for you..an important one...and I am SOOO Happy for you...

Hopefully this will give you the power you need to start eating more and feeling better about yourself...just remember to take it slow...your tummy shrinks if you dont put much in it for a long time...so dont overdue it...take it slow..slowly build back up!!

Again, YAY congrats!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

It doesn't sound silly at all to achieve something that is difficult for you to do. You should feel really proud of yourself. All i can manage to eat is a few cookies a day and that has been going on for nearly 2 years, so in my books you have made a wonderful huge leap and proved to yourself you can do it![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Well done you![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

aww well done Michelle!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

thats great - i remember the days when eating was hard for me too - i seem to be better now - prob why im such a fat minger now...anyways WELL DONE!

Keep it going!

ems x

okay now I want a big juicy steak! you had to go and talk about all that wonderful tasting food, didn't you?

hehe, seriously though, thats great!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh