Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help hubby is sick

Omgosh! My hubby got sick tonight. He says he started feeling bad this afternoon but he always gets this thing where his belly gets really distended. Same thing happened this evening. He seemed fine this morning and most of the day. then this evening while he was working on my counter tops he was acting funny. My friend and i went out to dinner but he stayed home with the kids. I called him around 930 or 10 an he said he wasnt feeling well the usual. So i came home to get the kids to bed and checked on him. He seemed ok other than his swollen belly. He even had the 2 yr old in the room with him. He was ok until about 1030 or 11, then he vomited. He has been vomiting every since. I have heard him at least twice. At first he said he was nauseated from the pain of his stomach being so distended. Now he says it must be a virus cause he keeps puking.
    I am so afraid i am going to get it. I am getting nauseated now. Could it be food poisoning? We both ate at the same resturant for lunch. I am freaking out.

Default Re: help hubby is sick

Just try to relax...I know easier said than done. My hubby was just sick with d* and my 3 year old and I didn't catch it, and back in sept he v*d a few times while he was sleeping in bed with me and I never caught it then either! Just clean everything with bleach or Lysol everything and keep up your own hygiene and you will be just fine.

im so sorry!! does he have a medical condition that causes that? that might just be what it is? but if you do the cleaning and hand washing, you should be just fine

For some reason I get the feeling that it isn't the virus but it's his distended stomach like you mentioned. But even if it were a virus I'm sure as an emet you probably wash your hands a lot, right? If so then you're not likely to get it. As for food poisoning: you probably would've felt sick when he began to feel sick. The nausea you're feeling is the result of anxiety.

Let us know how he feels later.

Has he had d* or has a bowel movement recently? If he is too backed up that could explain the distention and v*. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Omgosh! It was definately not a virus! He had a bowel blockage! His bowel somehow got twisted and he got backed up. He had emergency surgery and is better now. I am a bit proud of myself cause I waited up all night and listened to him V because i was very worried about him. I even stood in his room at the ER while he V*d and....I looked at it when the doc wanted me to see what was coming up!!!!!! graphic I know and i am sorry but i made it through it!
    Hubby was in the hospital til thursday. My birthday was tuesday and i spent it with him in there.
    Now i am worried because i was up there everyday and pciked him up on thursday....now i feel sick....i hope i didnt pick something up there!!!!

You did so well!!! congratulations! i hope he is doing much better!! you are okay. thats a lot of stress to go through! take a breather and sip some tea and relax

I hope its just stress, i have been doing ok until today. I was really lazy, really tired. I made dinner for my guys and decided i couldnt eat and have been feeling worse and worse. I did take a few bites but just not hungry now.

youre stressed and nervous !!