Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Almost stepped on it... Can't stop thinking about it.

Hello,

Today I was walking to university. On the footpath I saw v* but it wasn't until I was right there that I actually saw it. I am about 90% sure that I didn't step on it however I still can't stop thinking about it. It was raining so I tried to stepped in a few puddles and kept brushing my shoes along the footpath in an attempt to get them clean (also probably looked like a fool!) I was sitting in my lecture and had my backpack under the seat which I pushed behind with my shoes without thinking about what had happened earlier. Naturally I had to touch my bag but I'd hand sanitised when I left the lecture. I know I'm probably over reacting but you all know how it is, whenever something slightly out of place happens, you just start to worry and over thing everything.

Thanks for reading and I hope you are having a good day/night.

Default Re: Almost stepped on it... Can't stop thinking about it.

AH! This was me like two months ago. I was outside of Five Below waiting for my ride. Right next door was a heavy greasy italian restaurant. Anyway, as I stepped away and entered the car I noticed that I was standing in a pile of puke ! At first I freaked out, like I couldnt breathe. But, then I told myself it was probably from the restaurant, and tried using it as an exposing method.
    The past is only the future with the lights on;
    quit crying your eyes out, & baby come on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you lick the bottom of your shoe? If not, i think youll be fine

hahahaha.^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by heydani View Post
    hahahaha.^
    LOL. I wasnt trrying to be sarcastic. I was just trying to make them see that they would have had to lick the bottom of their shoe to catch something from that.

You know? That post, Twin, made me laugh out loud! I would be totally freaking like you, stop, but twin is right...if you didn't lick your shoe then you are fine. Gotta love the emet brain!

I'm glad everyone in this forum acts as my "sane side" whenever I'm too preoccupied by nerves and fears to be! Thanks guys, really put everything in perspective.

I know you werent being sarcastic, it actually made me laugh. It made me realize that we freak out too much ! lol

hi
    that has happened to me before...twice i slipped in v....thank god i didn't fall in it! i am horrified at the sight of vomit...and panic and run from it. it is a terrible experience.

Yeah, it sucks....I hate when I see it and then all I do is think about it all damn day long...

You should be fine, but feeling grossed out by it is definitely normal!

i do the same...its like i can't get it out of my head!

Not sure if this will help you, but I'd say it got there from a drunk person and not a sick person. Sick people tend to find a bathroom, or stay home, where as drunk people... well yeah. Can't catch something from a drunk person. You'll be perfectly fine.

Hah I totally do the same thing.. I tell myself oh they just got really drunk.

And I would definitely be freaking out if I stepped in v* even it is so true that there is no way you would get it from that