Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: When you're watching a film, do you know when a scary scene is coming?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, always

1 10.00%
  • Most of the time

4 40.00%
  • Sometimes

4 40.00%
  • Hardly ever

0 0%
  • Never

1 10.00%

Default When you're watching a film, do you know when a scary scene is coming?

I don't know how to do polls, so I'm sorry if this doesn't work. And I hope this doesn't upset anyone.

I've heard people saying they just know when a v* scene is coming in a film.

I haven't got that. On the contrary, when my dad is watching a film, I often walk in at the worst possible moment, even though I hardly ever go into the room when he's watching a film.

I don't need to hear details, I'd just be interested to know how many people are psychic about it.

Default Re: When you're watching a film, do you know when a scary scene is coming?

I can sometimes tell by what's going on in the movie. But, it doesn't bother me. It only bothers me when it comes to myself.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Default Re: When you're watching a film, do you know when a scary scene is coming?

When watching a film I prefer to know the vomit scenes beforehand. While I am good at telling on my own when they'll happen right before they do, I can't forsee how many times it will occur, and that is what made me anxious. I had to leave District 9's midnight premier because I was terrified there would be another graphic vomit scene, and I was having a horrible panic attack. Had I know that those were the only ones, I think I would have been okay.

You may find these links helpful!

I can usually tell when one is coming. In most cases, I feel like they are obvious about it. The character will have done something that could lead to v* (like drinking a lot) and then they'll look ill or start running or there will randomly be a toilet featured prominently in the shot that doesn't seem to have anything to do with what's going on at that moment. It's not an exact science, but I usually guess correctly.

Except when it comes to babies. I just try never to watch movies with babies, because it will always come out of absolutely nowhere. I guess that's what people find entertaining about it? When I'm watching a movie and a baby shows up in the scene, I tend to stare at my lap until they're gone.
    emetophobia shmemetophobia! -