Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Would you take Tamiflu?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 15.79%
  • No

15 78.95%
  • Not sure

1 5.26%

Default Would you take Tamiflu?

If you've been exposed to respiratory flu, Tamiflu can reduce your chances of getting it by up to 92 percent. But the most common side effect of Tamiflu is "mild to moderate nausea and vomiting." In fact, 9 percent of adults who take Tamiflu vomit afterward, compared with 3 percent who got a placebo. So would you take Tamiflu?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Would you take Tamiflu?

I have never tried it as I normally have my ColdEaze I take, but now knowing that...oh I will pass thank you!

If there is any vomiting involved, there is no way I would risk it! I'd much deal with catching the respiratory flu!

Nope, I have had the respiratory flu and it's awful but Tamiflu tastes like crap and I HATE THAT STUFF. The taste makes me n* in itself. So no. But I would intake lots of healthy foods and juices.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Nope, neicht, nada, no effing way. Not if it could cause n or v. I'd prefer to take my chances with the respiratory infection!

I say no only because I've had it before and I'm one of the 9%. Obviously I didn't mind taking my chances when I had Influenza

I'll be honest though, my boyfriend and I both had Influenza A, his started one day before mine. He was on Tamiflu the entire time, I took one dose of it the first day (not that it stayed in my system). I recovered a day faster than he did. Yes there are other factors involved, and we were both just as miserable as one another, but it's not required for recovery.

Oddly enough I don't get the flu shot even though I'm at at risk group (Asthma). I'm not afraid of getting the flu shot for any reason, I just hate how I feel like crap for a week after. I'd rather take my chances at having a week of bad exhaustion rather than force myself into a week of mild fatigue every year. At least with the flu I can stay home from work and rest!

You may find these links helpful!

And take the risk of throwing up? No f* way!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

I vote NO. To me, there is no such thing as "mild to moderate nausea and vomiting." Either your stomach contents are passing through your mouth, or they aren't!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I guess it depends on circumstances at the time. Just a normal flu, probably not at this point in my life, but if it was going to really reduce my time being ill with the flu, and I couldn't afford to be sick or anything, I'd take it. Chances are good I'd be outside of the 9%... NO medication has managed to make me vomit yet, and I've taken some that have a large chance of vomit as a side effect.
    Come visit my history blog:

No tamiflu for me.... It was offered when I got the flu two years ago, and my doctor said "you'll probably get an upset stomach" so I cut her off and said absolutely not. I rode it out, it was miserable but I'll take misery over nausea any day.

Well, no. When I had a bad virus (flu), I completely lost my appetite and took anti-emetics just so I could swallow something. No way would I have compromised my control with something that 9% of the population v* from. Uh uh, run at me flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    If it was something like the swine flu that could likely cause death, then yes. Otherwise I would ride it out.

My son took it. He has repiratory and other health issues that may him more sustecptible to complications. He never v... He did not talk then so I do not know if there was nausea.
    More people die from regular Influenza than Swine, just so you have a heads up. Influenza is a serious thing on its own. Granted, neither are usually fatal unless you have other complications such as a weakened immune system.

You may find these links helpful!

I was diagnosed with H1N1 in 2009 while I was pregnant with my daughter and was prescribed Tamiflu. I refused to take it then because it's a class C drug in pregnancy, I didn't even think about the nausea, but now that I know that I still won't take it.

but 3% of people had the placebo and got it...they didn't even have a drug and felt ill. So it may not necessarily be the drug causing it.
    i would take it