Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi!

I know I said in another post that I'm not worried about flying but I just wanna be sure I'm not drinking or eating anything that is likely to cause food poisoning or something. So is there anything that one needs to not drink or eat when flying?For instancethe drinking water they have on the planes ortapwater at airports? To me when I go to the states from here the water over there first tastes weird..also on the plane...so I've felt kind of funny drinking it before cause it tasted weird. But I think it's just that the water is different somehow cause last timewhen I came back I noticed the same thing coming back home.

I read somewhere that you should not drink coffee or tea on the plane if you don't wanna get stomach problems. Have any of you heard anything about this?

I guess that's all. I just wanna be able to relax knowing that I'm not eating or drinking anything thatcould cause problems. Thanks!

Tiina

I do remember hearing something about that, but I'm not sure how true it is anymore. I think the airlines were forced to clean it all up. I'd say the safest way to go is to drink pop (soda or whatever you call it). It comes straight out of the can so you know it is fine. If you want to be really safe, drink it without ice, but the ice is probably all pre-packaged anyway so I'm sure it's fine. I always have a 7-up or something with ice and have never had a problem. I'm sure you will be fine - have a great trip!

I heard that about the water too. The show said most people fear the air in the plane the most because of the lack of ventilation but the water is the thing to be feared.I brought a bottled water with me when I went to Orlando last year.

Swiftette do you mean that all the water on the planes is something to be worried about or just the water in coffee and tea? I like to drink a lot of water so it might be hard to bring enough for 18 hours. But I guess I'll try if all the water on the planes is something to be worried about. I guess I could also buy some more water when I have a layover...if I have enough time that is.

Yes,all the water comes from the same source. Could you have sodas with no ice?When I went away last year,we had canned soda and they crack them open right in front of you to pour it-you can tell them you don't want any ice.

You're a champ. I probably can't even handle a 30 minute plane ride. I'd so try to bring some bottled water and drink soda (like everyone else has said). Bring lots of music too or something that can keep you occupied during the flight. Have fun at wherever you're going w00 =)
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

I always ask for soda from the can, no ice or bottled water. You aren't even supposed to wash your hands with water on a plane. It doesn't have the correct filtration needed to kill harmfull microbes.

Take some acidopholus a week before flying and durring your trip. It will help keep your intestinal flora in check. Everytime I go to LA, this happens to me. I just get really bad poops, even bloody. I drink all bottled and canned drinks. No ice and I do much better now.

Have fun on your trip!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hi!

Thanks for your replies. I don't mean to be difficult but I'd like to know/understand what exactly is wrong with the water on the plane. I'vehad it before on the plane cause I wasn't that worried about it and I didn't get sick but I don't wanna risk anything so if there is something wrong with it I won't drink it this time.I've flown with Delta every time andthey have these bottles they pour the water out of and I was under the impression it was bottled water and not tap water. Do you guys know where the water comes from and whhy it could be contaminated?

I guess I'll use my antibacterial stuff to clean my hands with on the plane. It's kind of hard to wash your hands on the plane anyway cause you have to hold down this thing to get water from the faucet (it's annoying cause you can hardly get thesoap off your hands)It's just kind of embarrassing to use the antibacterial hand stuff cause it has alcohol in it and it smells like alcohol. Once when I was on a train and I used it some guy said to his friend "why does it smell like detergent in here". I'm glad I wasn't rubbing it on my hands anymore so they didn't know it was me. Oh well, I guess people are just gonna have to tolerate me making them smell my hand cleanser. =)

I'm leaving here on the 30th. It's still almost 30 days and it seems so long but I guess time goes by fast if you're not constantly counting the days for something.

I'm confused about the water thing too. Millions of people fly everyday and millions of people drink water and wash thier hands with water on airplanes. If it was a serious problem it would be all over the news and plane companies would be take action to fix it. I know it's good to be safe and not sorry, but I wanna know where these water stories are coming from. Thanks

-payce =)
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

"dude", I searched google for information about this and I found some info about it. Here's a link to a site that I found. http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...?articlekey=41 579

I guess according to this article the drinking water on the plane is safe but not the water in tea and coffee cause I guess it comes from the water tank.

Hey! Thanks for finding that. Very cool information, I thought.

\"This too shall pass\"