Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

A guy that works with my hubby called in sick tonight, that didnt bother me too bad because I know that my hubby and this man havent been around one another since Sun. night. Then I talked to my hubby again about an hour ago, and one of the other guys that works for him left work early because he wasnt feeling well. I asked my hubby what was wrong with him and he said he didnt know. I know that both of these men could be sick with any number of things, but of course the first thing I think of is .................... are they sick with something that involves vomit? I asked my hubby if he had gotten too close to the guy that left work early, he said No, not really. Of course, I drilled him too much about it, and he got mad asking me well, what do you want me to say, how my feet I was away from him, ect. He said it wasnt like I was hugging up on him. It was his attitude and tone of voice he was using that was ticking me off. I even hung up on him. He was actually laughing a little about it while we were talking. So now my mind has got to wandering too thinking things like, well what if some of the other guys on his team get what ever he has, then that is even more exposure for my hubby, and I know that hubby doesnt think about doing the hand washing, ect .... like we do.

I hate this ...................

Awwwww...I understand what you mean!! I wouldn't worry too bad though; hell, alot of people like to leave work just to get out of work. Maybe it was a headache, or they were just tired.

I had an experience similar to that today. My hubby was at work and I called him. He was using the company's phone (the one everyone uses) and he sounded sort of muffled. I asked him why he sounded that way, and he said, "Oh sorry...I had the phone pushed up to my mouth." ICK, ICK, ICK!!!! I then gave him the third degree about who had all used the phone during the day, and I got mad because he had his mouth on it, etc. He sort of laughed at meabout it, and it didn't bother him one bit! UGH that made me mad!! I know how you feel. I wish non-emets could understand us more! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I know what you mean. The problem really is us, because no one
    really cares about dirty phones, people being sick around them, or
    germs. For us the awareness has become our reality that when the
    "reality" presents itself to us, we are mortified by others' actions
    and nonreactions.

Stella

Jeny...the guys probably just wanted to get out of work....you know I think men just get sick way less often than women...i don't know why but that is the way i see it....and maybe they were both planning something to get out of work....guys are like that you know i would not worry too much about it...really...the chances of you catchng it are highly unlikely....and even your husband....tell him to shut his pie hole laughing about things like that knowing how you feel about it... Try not to worry....easier said than done I know..but you will feel better about it in a day or two...Kate

I will be curious to see what happens when he goes to work this evening. He didnt speak to me much this AM, I didnt say much to him either though ..........

MEN. Why are they so difficult?[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Aw, I'm sorry. I'm sure it will be fine though. I think for us sometimes ignorance is bliss. If you really think about it he was in no closer contact than any of us are when we go to the store etc we just dont' know who is/was sick so it isn't a huge issue, we just wash out hands. Men somhow are able to be sooo disgusting but they seem to be OK. My brother for example! UGH! When he comes over I have to remind him to wash his hands before he gets out the lunch mean! He never washes his hands after being out etc and hasn't had a bug make him sick since we were kids so try not to worry. I knwo it's easy for me to say. I hope you guys can tlak w/o fighting and work it out. Maybe he could just wash his hands a little more to give you peace of mind.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe
    Maybe he could just wash his hands a little more to give you peace of mind.

My husband does this, and it helps ease my anxiety a million fold. He's even taken to carrying purell incase he can't wash his hands and washes his hands when he comes in the house, that sort of thing. I think my hygiene-ness (pardon my just making words up!) has rubbed off on him.

I hope your hubby can just do some of these things to ease your mind. Other people don't realize how debilitating this phobia really is. I wish they could step into our reality for a while.

And Stella, you hit the nail on the head. It was beautiful how you described how we're affected by other people.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I just talked to hubby and he said that the guy that left work early last night, didnt come in at all tonight. The guy that called in sick yesterday, came in tonight. I asked him if he knew what was wrong with them and he said "No." He said "I dont press them about it." I thought, "huh, I didnt think you would." I wish he had though, I want to know. Well, I think I want to know. Maybe he'll find out tonight when they have their supper break.

Update on the sick guys at hubbys work ......... Fri. edition.

The one that called in on Wed. just had diarrhea, according to my hubby.

The one who left early on Wed. had diarrhea also. He hasnt been to work in three days.

So, apparently there is some kinda diarrhea bug going around ............ how wonderful ................

I just hope that hubby isnt lying to me about it just being diarrhea, he has done that before. I dont know which is worse, knowing or not knowing.

Anywho ............