Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It's been 3 days now and I'm tired of it. Before it was just gassy, but now I am starting to get sharp pains in the pit of my stomach. I don't have a fever, but I feel n* and now I am getting these pains. I have been eating very small amounts throughout the day over the past few days, so I really don't think it is hunger. I don't know what it is. I am on my period, but it isn't like typical period crap. I have some cramps, but not much. Do you think it is a bug? I haven't had d*, but have had some loose, crampy IBS-type "stuff." I feel hungry thoroughout the day, but at night I seem to start feeling really crappy. What is wrong with me? I ate some Lipton noodles, a cheese sandwich and some canned peaches for dinner. Could anything be wrong with any of that? It seemed like a safe meal to me! I've been slipping lately back into my Pepto-Bismol dependency. I was doing so good! But I took some yesterday, and I think I am going to take some more now. I really hate this! My co-wroker that was sick said it hit her mainly at night, but that was over a week ago - could I possibly have it? Please help - I am starting to get really nervous!

I think that if you have already been feeling bad for three days, that IF it was a virus, you would know it by now. I am sorry you are still feeling so rough. Is you period a normal one. When I was pregnant with my last baby, I had a light period.

I do hope you get to feeling better soon!!!!

Actually it has been kind of light. But the cramps/n* have been worse than normal. Do you think I could be pregnant? Should I get a test?

Sharp pains in your stomach? I suggest eating something. Hunger generally disguises itself in many different forms. There's the irritable growl, the weakness, and sharp pains. I'm familiar with the sharp pains because I experience them all the time. As for the soupy stool, periods can often have an effect to that. For the food that you ate, that's perfectly fine. Try drinking some tea, relax, watch a good movie or listen to some soothing music and calm down. You will feel better, don't worry.

Pregnant - I can't provide an answer for that. Honestly and utterly ignorant on that field. Sowwie!

Edited by: peachfeet

a test cant hurt if you think its possible (and only you would know if it would be possible!) because they are relatively inexpensive and it would give you some peace of mind. but stress could be causing this whole thing too. so could a number of other things. have you reactly changed any medications you might be taking in any way? different time, dose, brand, even in vitamins? have you changed brands in any of the foods that make up a staple in your diet? tried a new brand of bread, an enriched milk or anything? minor changes can affect us like that. and finally has the weather suddenly changed in your area? sometimes people i know can start to get really weird symptoms when the baromoter changes without warning. the woman i work with for example will get really dizzy and a ton of panic attacks. i get headaches from it sometimes but my mom will get d*. if things like how you are feeling now have happened before without any seeming reason, watch for a pattern in the weather and how you are feeling, its weird but there is a connection. or find someone you know if affected and see if your stuff happens at the same time as them. or just think, have there been any changes, major or minor in your life?

I would say, take a pregnancy test. If it is negative, then I would go to the doctor and tell him/her what has been going on. I might would even have them do another pregnancy test, they can do the serum HCG. (blood) This one will detect a pregnancy earlier than a home test. I am not trying to say that I am 100% sure you are pregnant or not, but it wouldnt hurt to rule it out.

What does morning sickness n* feel like? I always hear it feel different than regular n*.

I was still on the pill this month, but like I said in a previous post, I felt myself ovulate which you aren't supposed to do on the pill. If it weren't for that I would say I don't think I am pregnant, but that makes me wonder.

This is the third day and it has never gotten very heavy at all. Leigh - how light was "light" for you? Like just spotting, or just noticably less than normal?

I remember all I had to wear was a panty liner. The wasnt enough flow for anything else. Mine lasted about 3-4 days. Mine was a little bit lighter than what I would have when I was on the pill.

I don't know about the pregnancy n* or anything but I agree a test can't hurt. And agree that if you aren't you should call your doc. Did you stop the pill already? Maybe that is why your period is funky? I don't think it's a bug so you shoudl be fine there. It might just be your IBS w/ all your stress acting up or if you haven't been drinking enough maybe your'e dehydrated? I hope you find out whats going on soon and feel better too!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Well, my period kicked in a little heavier finally, so I kind of doubt the pregnancy thing. I am finishing this pack of pills tomorrow, but I guess technically I am on the sugar pills now anyway. I have a prescription for prenatals that I haven't taken yet. I will run out of my normal multi-vitamins along with my pills, so I figured I would start them then. The doctor told me to try not to get pregnant until I have had two normal periods, but that it wouldn't hurt me or the baby if I got pregnant earlier.

I was actually kind of bummed when I did start to be heavier. I was excited about being pregnant! I think the dehydrated thing might be partially to blame. Plus I haven't been eating well (or regularly) so I'm sure it is just IBS stuff. I wish I was pregnant though! If it slows down again or anything, I will go take a test though.

Now I am really tired of this. I just keep getting htese sporadic sharp pains right underneath my rib cage. The pain only lasts a couple of seconds, but it kind of radiates out. I have no idea what it could be. It happens when I eat, when I don't eat - doesn't matter. I don't think this is at all realted to the period thing because it is way to high up - in my actually stomach not anywhere near the "female parts." I'm getting kind of nervous. Should I see a doctor? Why does this stuff always happen during the weekend when I have to wait two more days before I can call a doctor? Unless I want to spend a fortune at the emergency room (and feel stupid because it isn't really an emergency)? I'm going to go to bed now. Hopefully when I wake up it will all have magically disappeared!

IT sounds to me like when I got an ulcer. Every once and a while it kicks in again. Try a bland diet for a fewdays-no tomatoes, nuts,seeds, acidic fruits-basicly only boring stuff.

Where is your pain, is it right sided? Could it be your gallbladder? Your gallbladder is under your rib cage, or the right side. Since we know that you are probally not pregnant, maybe you should go to the doctor and tell him/her what has been going on.

I want you to get to feeling better!!!!

It is actually dead center, but it is so random as to when it happens. Sometimes I get one every five minutes or so, other times its every 5 hours. I haven't had anything since I got up this morning. I'll see how it goes today. My whole family has had their gallbladders out, so I know I probably will have to eventually too. But it doesn't seem that bad to me yet. It's more annoying than really painful.

I'm so sorry your feeling lousy!Mabey try to do something to get your mind off it. I am trying to learn how to crochet.....which is why I am here on the computer. It's hard orI'm just dense. Oh well, we'll find out as the night rolls on which that may be! [img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]Bye for now, Donna