Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: really nervous

am so scared.. yet again i have shooting pains across my stomach
    and a feeling like something needs to come up.. I haven't eaten
    anything food poisen worhty, just a sandwich and some fruit with
    some sparkling water. I feel really queasy and uncomfortable and
    am so worried that I will v* . I am continuing to drink the water but it
    doen't seem to be helping, if anything making it worse? I keep
    swallowing aswell when I can feel someting moving up towards my
    throat. am I being paranoid about v* ? or could it be? please if
    anyone has any quick advice? please.. my stomach is also making
    bubbling noises that are terrifying me... please help me ..

Perhaps your stomach is just unsettled. I've been feeling pretty terrible myself over the last 24 hours and like you I don't know what could have caused it but it has been awful and I've had the stomach pains and the possiblility of v* as well but managed to make it pass somehow. My tip is to lie on your bed with a hot water bottle on your stomach to ease the pains (if you can't bear the weight or the heat don't put as much water in) and with your head on one side and try to sleep. I know this may not be the most useful advice but I've been confined to my bed most of today and am starting to feel slightly better.

Get well x

Aww, I'm so sorry you're both feeling so bad! Yenn has some good advice, in the book of home remedies it does say keep your head still if you are n*. Also if your'e panicky try distracting yourself but w/ soemthing you dont' have to run around w/ ya know? Like needlepoint or flipping thru old pictures, coloring etc. What about sea bands or if you dont' have them the pressure points? Anyhow I hope you both feel better soon!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for advice, I have been lying down reading a book and am feeling better. I think it might have been gas, it was stupid of me to drink all the fizzy water as i am one of those people who can't burp so trapped gas can be a problem for me [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad Yenn, do you have any anti emetics? Ginger ale? Do you have a fever? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey thank you both for your concern. I don't have any anti emetics or anything like that because I haven't seen my GP about my problem (not a fan of doctors [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]) so it has been a case of struggling through. However I seem to be feeling a little better now so I'm hoping a night's sleep (assuming I get one tonight - I felt so bad last night I didn't sleep) will help me to feel better stil tomorrow.

Go to the chemist and buy something called Motilium 10. its over the counter anti emetic that is sold for indigestion type things but is 100per cent domperidome that is an anti emetic. also u could ask for something called Buccastem. These are little tabs that u put on your gum that are made from stemitil (my anti emetic tipple of chioce!) i get mine on prescription but if u sont like doctores u can get it over the counter...its sold for migranes with nausea n vomiting side effects x

Hi, just to let you know, I seem to be feeling much better today [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">It's the sparkling water! Loads of people have told me that if you feel sick (and want to be) you should drink fizzy water as it is good for doing just that. Maybe this isn't true-but I remember not feeling too good after some once and I havnt had any since.......so I woukd try staying off it for a bit! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

BLOODY HELL!!! Can fizzy water really make you v*??? that is so
    scary, i am never drinking it again. People have told me in the last to
    drink it when i felt sick but i never knew that was the reason.. how
    horrible [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Yes, that is exactly the reaosn people tell you to drink it-because it actuallu makes it come up! Someone tried it with my friend once-and it worked! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] !!!