Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hey

Hey, i've just registered on this site and i think it's great! I've had a fear of vomiting since i was a kid and i just kind of lived with it, until i was 17 and it started up really bad again. I went to the doctors and my doctor was really nice and understanding. Then i got sent to the school nurse which was kind of patronising really because i never saw the school nurse as a real nurse for some reason, lol. Then i was transfered to a clinic and i've been talking to a councilor/psychologist and she told me the name of my fear and that ther's loads of people with it and there's web sites like this one. It's really helped just finding this site, and it's helped a lot by talking to my psychologist. Still dreading the next time i get ill though and i still think about it a lot. i've started yoga and relaxation methods which really help, i would recommend that to any one. If any one wants to know any more ask me and i'll tell you about it.

jo xxx

Welcome to the site, Jo! Your psychologist sounds impressive! I had to "educate" mine on this phobia, so you are pretty lucky! I'm glad you're doing better than you were in the past. And I know what you mean about this site being helpful! It's the best and so is everyone on it!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hi and welcome....you will find great support here...Kate