Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Treatment without insurance

I have found it very difficult to get treatment for my emetophobia without a large amount of money or insurance. I am self-employed and do not have insurance.

I have seen people comment on the program emetophobia recovery program....but does it really work? I bought one some time ago and it did not address my fear of vomiting....I am still struggling with it. I read the testimonials of the people that have supposedly bought it, but is that just a sales tactic? I am cautious of buying a program because people claim to be able to help with this phobia, but really they only deal with phobias that are more common.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Peace~

Default Re: Treatment without insurance

I hope someone responds, because I'm in the same spot... Want to move forward in my life & get some help for this thing, but I have no mental health insurance (have health/vision/dental but no mental and no way of obtaining it at this point ). I'm still making calls and waiting on a few offices to call me back-- trying to have faith that I can somehow afford it if I get in somewhere?!

Default Re: Treatment without insurance

I hope someone will take you in and you get some good therapy....this shit sucks! I am tired of telling people no to going out to eat, sitting at the table watching everyone else eat, laugh and have a good time when I am silently stressing out about puking UGH! It would just be nice doing things that "normal" people do all the time....sucks sucks sucks.

Again, best of luck to you

Peace~