Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Not about V** but still freaking me out HORRIBLY...

I am 26 yrs old & have not had a normal menstral cycle ever. My last was 18 months ago and before that it was 12 months. This morning I noticed the brownish color as if the cycle was ending..and I am SO scared...

Does it mean I am pregnant?

Does it mean I am going to have a normal cycle, or a heavy or bad cycle? Is it cleaning out the old? Is it life threatening? I am alone with no car & I am so scared please help me!!!

(I am sorry if that was too graphic...)
    ALWAYS looking for ANY My Little Pony toys from the 80\'s. Please email me at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    or PM me here if you have any!

Do you have instant messenger? I'll talk with you...

I am harmonygirl1972 on AIM

harmonygirl72 on Yahoo

and [email protected] on MSN

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

The last time you had a period was 18 months ago? Have you been to the doctor at all? I would definitely make an appointment. As for the brown blood, and since you never had a normal cycle, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine has always been normal and sometimes it will start out brown. Doesn't mean anything. Try to calm down. I don't think it's life threatening. I would make an appointment with the doctor though. Take care.

It does sound like you need to contact your doctor. I had similar problems with only having a period once a year and I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome at the age of 20. When I was 22, I started losing weight and taking birth control which really screwed things up. I pretty much started hemorrhaging and couldn't stop. I ended up having a D&C.

You are probably not pregnant, but you may want to take a test just to be certain. Have you had any other pregnancy related symptoms--weight gain,breast tenderness,nausea,etc? It sounds like you may be starting your cycle it is just starting a little different than normal.

Please make an appointment with your doctor as soon as you can to see what is causing your irregular periods.

Jess

The brownish color at the beginning or at the end of the cycle or even while spotting in between is a common thing for me too. As princessmel said, it doesn't mean a thing when it happens to me.

I also used to have no normal menstrual cycles. I started at age 17, and after that I was lucky if I had a period once a year. I went to several doctors, and the consensus was that I simply did not have enough body fat to menstruate normally.

I now have regular cycles, but those did not take place until age 30, and I had indeed gained weight by then.

At age 27, I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured, and I had to have laparoscopic surgery for that, but nothing has recurred, and I am now 33.

I told you this story, so that you might be able to see that irregular cycles do not always mean that there is something life threatening wrong. How much do you weigh? Weighing too little does seem to interfere with regular menstruation.

Get to a doctor, please. While it is not necessary to menstruate
    every 28 days, 18 months is a long time to go without cycling.

Stella

Brokenspirit:</span> I don't think
    it's anything lifethreatening and as for whether you're pregnant or
    not....I have no idea. I do think you should definetly see a doctor
    considering how horribly irregular your periods are. Don't worry about
    the brown blood though, I get that all the time.

jesskali:</span> I'm polycystic too. I
    was diagnosed when I was 14. How are you doing with it? I was just
    taken completely off medication a few months ago. I get my hormones
    checked again next month. ::crosses fingers that everything is normal::

I have polycystic too, didn't know it was so common!

Hm, it does sound
    like you may need medical attention for this issue. I regretfully doubt
    I could be of much help, I'm 13 and still getting used to the prospect
    myself Anyways, hope everything sorts itself out. Take care.</font>

Periods are the most annoying thing ever although I have to say I am envious of you having them so rarely!! Unfortunately I had a contraceptive implant put in my arm in January and I've had 10 periods since. I have to go for tests next week to see if it is the implant or something is up. But I'm sure you'll be fine but you should go see a doctor just in case.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go to the doctor and get checked out. The brown colour is normal but for not having a period in 18 months is wierd. My periods have been the most annoying pain the butt lately. Of course the doctor would say well you are turning 40, 40 nothing, something is going on so figure it out. I went for a vag. ultrasound on Friday so the results should be back today.
    I would make an appt. to see the doctor.

thanks guys. CHippedAway, I sent you 2 private messages, check them =)
    ALWAYS looking for ANY My Little Pony toys from the 80\'s. Please email me at
    or PM me here if you have any!