Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm sorry I'm writing about this, but I have to get it out b/c it's still making me n*. Anyway, last night I had to run to the store to get a few things. I was gone for awhile. I came back ready to get ready for bed.Before I shut the front door though, I noticed all of these little things crawling around everywhere. I looked down and sure enough they were maggots. I told my husband b/c we've had them before, but I guess not like this. There had to have been millions of them. I'm not kidding you. My husband started sweeping them down the stairs. We're not disgusting people; the garbage was only left there for a day and a half, so I couldn't believe it. I had the front door open while he was sweeping making sure that they wouldn't get into the house. Well, I noticed one of the garbage bags moving and showed my husband. I said it's the wind right? Well, the other bags weren't moving. That garbage bag was filled with them. I seriously freaked out and slammed the door. My stomach started doing flip flops, and I started to sweat really bad. Then my husband comes in and says you have to come out here with me and help me double bag these. At the thought of that, I started to panic. I had to take a Xanax to calm down. I was seriously shaking. It was an infestation. I know they can't hurt you, but they are so gross. So, I went outside and about gagged, screamed, and felt like they were crawling all over me. When I was done helping him, I ran inside and slammed the door. He said that was the most disgusting thing he's ever seen/done before, and he's a firefighter. He said he had a slight panic attack outside. He's never seen anything like it in his life. He took the bags to the dumpster and when he went to set the bags down, tons of them just started pouring our of one of the bags. He had to hold that garbage bag out the window of the van to the dumpster. I'm still n* from it and cannot get the thought/images out of my head. He said that was worse than Fear Factor. How he ate ice cream afterwards, I don't know.The garbage will be taken everyday now. I just can't believe they multiplied so fast. Maybe the hot weather? I'm so disgusted. Sorry for sharing this, but I wanted to get it out. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Anyone else experience anything like this before? Nothing like this ever happened when we lived up north, and the garbage would sit for a week. This was just a day and a half, but I guess b/c we're in FL?. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

That is soooo gross!!! I hate maggots!!! They freak me out. I am a veterinary technician, and in the summer we see a lot of animals come in with maggots. Big dogs with lots of fur on their butts. They will get sores on their bottoms from scratching cause of the heat, then they will become infected, then maggots start living on them. Owners will bring them in with no idea that this is happening! We will shave their bottoms, then pick the maggots off. It is horrible!!!

Oh Yuck. I can't believe that you can do that. You should have seen this. I couldn't believe it. I just freaked out. I felt like I was on Fear Factor. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

OMG--that sounds horrible! That would have made me sick too! Wonder how they multiplied that quick? We have never had them where I live, so I'm not sure how their life cycle is. How do you even get rid of them?

Jess

I think they just die if there's no food. My husband was sweeping them down the stairs outside. That's how many there were. The wasp spray we had didn't even kill them. I don't know how they multiplied so fast either. The only thing I can think of is b/c of the very hot humid weather here. Back at home in IN, we would leave garbage bags outside for a week and we never had that problem. Ever. It must be the weather here. Plus there's so many bugs too. BTW, we're in FL. OMG...Maggots smell sooooooooooo gross. They have a distinct smell. It made me so sick. I really thought I was going to heave.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Wow that totally sucks! There is a roach problem where I live, well they say there is a roach problem in the building. I've never actually seen a roach in my apartment but I can assure you that if I ever do I'm going to freak the hell out! To me maggots symbolize death so If I was in your position I would be freaking out thinking it was a sign from god. LOL I know that's crazy but I also freak out when I see flies because those also symbolize death...at least to me they do. I hope you don't run into any more maggots where you are!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I assure you. We're not going to let that happen again. That was so gross. Maggots aren't a symbol of death to me; they are just freaking gross. EWWW!!!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]