Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone else have this problem?

Anytime I have a stomach ache at all, in anyway, I freak out and think its a sv* anyone else have these issues? I don't know how to control it or what to do about it anymore.

Default Re: Anyone else have this problem?

Welcome. There are lots of panic posts about the same thing. Try deep breathing, meditating, or distracting your mind by watching a movie, dancing, playing a computer game, etc. You can go into the chatroom to see if anyone is there when you are having an anxiety attack also. Go to the main forum page and just keep looking down the page till you find it.

Are you feeling better now?

Yup, my mind will start racing and my nerves act up. Then, my mind starts trying to comprehend WHY I am feeling that way--is it a virus? Is it my lactose intolerance? Is it IBS? etc....I always try to rationalize it, which can help calm me down.

Yes. Distractions like crossword puzzles and breathing exercises help me a lot.

Every day. I try to calm myself down, but usually fail until I am to the point of gagging. I will say that getting physically busy and out of the house is a good distraction that actually will work at times. Sometimes it still doesn't though. I hope you find a filter that helps you calm this panic. I do find that if I take Dramamine, for some reason it eases my mind and my stomach ache almost always goes away.

I used to get that way, but I have finally been able to discern my nausea...there is eating too much nausea, indigestion nausea, constipation nausea, hunger nausea, etc.