Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is it possible to make it through noro without v?

I don't know a lot about it and I was just wondering, it sure would make me feel better if that was possible

Default Re: Is it possible to make it through noro without v?

It is definitely possible, the likelihood of it depends on stuff like how determined you are not to v*,if you have good antiemetics, and how badof a case of it you have. Mild case with someonewho rarely v*s and has antiemetics, I'd say it's pretty likely.

Yes, I have had it plenty of times with d and not v.

Yes, probably most of us here have done it. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yup. Last winter I got noro along with about half the people I worked with. I had lots of d* but did not v*. It actually got to the point where I wished I would v* and tried to make myself just to try to get rid of the nausea. For me, I'm not so much afraid of v*, mostly being in a place where I don't feel safe v*, as I was already home sick from work, I actually think I would have felt better if I could have v*. For what it's worth, I know it was noro (or something similar) and not just anxiety as I had a fever, body aches, and was having d* so often that I slept on the floor of the bathroom.

I've had noro with only d and no v. I felt a bit queasy, but never even had the urge to v. I think it just all depends on the person.

Yes. My father had it and it was only d*, but a lot of nausea. I wasn't so lucky
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Thank you everyone that makes me feel a lot better

I'm not sure but I think I have just had it! I normally feel *n most of the time but this has been different! Awful *d with v intense feelings of *n however have not *v maybe will power? Who knows!

I have done it 4 times!

I did it last night. Lots of slow even breathing, swallowing, and will power, will power, will power.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I think will power is a lot of it. I have read that it is possible to be so utterly determined not to vomit that your conscious brain overrides the subconscious part that knows you need to vomit.

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to give you some hope. I have had it many times over the past 24 years and only v* with it one time. I think I had it a few weeks ago. Very n* and lots of watery d* and cramps but no v*. Very possible. It's more usual for me not to v* than to v* with noro!