Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Wanting Kids

Default Wanting Kids

Well, I'm 16 right now but when I'm older and get married I would like to have 2 or 3 kids but I'm afraid of them getting sick and me not being able to care for them or be with them when they're sick. Does anyone have the same fear?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Wanting Kids

Yes... I'm 27 years old and I have the same fears. I actually got pregnant in August and Was pregnant until November 5th when at 10 weeks pregnant I miscarried. I was a nervous wreck that whole 10 weeks. I was so afraid I'd get morning sickness.. I was nauseated but never threw up. I was finally getting excited that I got through those 10 weeks and should probably be in the clear but I started bleeding and found out that my hormone levels never went up which explains why i never felt sick. I miscarried at home then had a D&C to get all cleared out. I never threw up during any of it but I was terrified. Now that I miscarried I wish I wouldn't have stressed out and been so worried because I miss that baby a ton. Next time I get pregnant.. hopefully in August again of 2013 or somewhere in there... I hope that I'll not be stressed out about it and will not get morning sickness but most of all that the baby makes it full term. I want a baby and yes I'm afraid but I'm willing to chance it again after I recoop from this loss. With all that being said .. you are young and don't need to be worrying about that yet. You have a lot of life before you. Live it and enjoy it!

Yes, I have two children and I did get morning sickness with each for around six months. However, like coolpk, I had had miscarriages and I knew morning sickness was actually a good thing no matter how unpleasant. It even helped me be a little less frightened of v* myself. Then my oldest child was born with acid reflux which caused her to v* a great deal. As a baby, it wasn't so bad, but as she got older, it got worse. When she gets a flu, it's so much worse than for a regular kid. We've been to the ER several times for it and through lots of medical testing. Poor baby! At any rate, she's much better now. I breastfed both my children for two years hoping to give them an immune system of steel since my own is so poor. And it worked! My youngest had rotovirus at two and has not v* since. The oldest now understands the importance of clean hands and is a bit excessive with the hand santitizer due to her past experiences. My kids have had maybe two or three colds in the last 10 years. They are the healthiest kids around. My strategy did work.

As long as we aviod my relatives who seem to be sv magnents, we usually don't get much sv at my house. I even had to give away two bottles of Pedalite because it was going past date. Of course, the relative I gave it too needed it within two weeks. Although, it is very hard, you get through it because a) you love your children and b)you have no choice.

I have been lucky never having had to use daycare or the public schools. One of the reasons we homeschool is to keep our children away from the illness breeding grounds the public schools seem to be. My dh and I both have autoimmune diseases.

I think you'll be able to handle it when the time comes. When I was a teen, I was so scared of v, that I hid in the crying barn until everyone was better.
    Last edited by Grace47; 12-31-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: grammarical error

I'm 14 and I really want children in 10 years or more. When I have nothing to do, I like to imagine how they are going to be. In my imagination they have a supportive father who cleans up the mess!

Morning sickness, well, I fear it but I'm willing to vomit to have my babies. I already love them (even knowing that they are just in my mind). Of course, my mother didn't vomit when she was pregnant of me, with the help of meds, so I hope that the same thing happens with me!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Not everyone v.. when preg. I have 2 kids. You survive. You love takes over.

Get some help now. Try to beat this phobia when you are young. I have wasted way too much time worrying about v...and not living my life to the fullest. I am 42 and emet since birth or 5 years old.

I had no sickness when pregnant and my son has never had an *sv he's 13 now! I think our family are just not that susceptible (doesn't stop my fears tho!)
    your young and by the time that comes around you may have got over this damned fear!
    Dont let it stop you living your life! Children are the best gift in life and yes they may get sick but the good will far outweigh the bad!
    Dont live your life and end up with regrets!
    Also if they do get sick you would cope, a sixth sense kinda kicks in and you just deal!

I was n** during my pregnancy but only mildly and I never v**, not even once. My son is now 10 and when he was in school, he would catch a SV every year and then spread it around, but since we've been homeschooling, he's not been ill at all except with an occasional cold. If it's something you really want, you will be stronger than you think. I even managed to care for him through SVs.

With my pregnancies, I found that the v* fear didn't really apply for some reason. When it happened, it was just like, well...there it was...moving on. Which is strange because when not pregnant I can't ever relax about it...ever. I am also completely amazed at how calmly and wonderfully I handle my children when they get sick. After I care for them and clean up any messes, I of course start freaking out in my head about me getting their sicknesses, but dealing with them actually v*, I handle it well. I saw someone put something about love overpowering your fear...I think that has truth to it. Seeing your child going through it is hard...and your focus goes to helping them. I think you will do great...it's hard...really hard at times, but worth it.

I have a 4 year old and as a parent you just clean up after them cause you love them and have no choice! I'm now a single mom and it's not like I'd make a 4 year old clean up her own v* (or that she'd even know how to), so your love will just take over and you will get through their illnesses just fine!

This has been my fear for along time, however, my husband and I recently realized that we were ready to have kids. How did I know I was ready? For some reason I am no longer afraid of morning sickness. I am still veryyyyy afraid of sv* and v*, but my ear of morning sickness has completly diminished. Although, I am sure it will come back the back I get my BFP.