Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Not well

Default Not well

My stomach has been extremely sensitive these past few weeks. I haven't been able to eat much without feeling terrible and dashing for the bathroom. I don't know what's wrong, and I'm not home so I can't see my doctor, which I plan on doing when the break ends. It's not detrimental but I've realized that every time I eat a meal, I feel sick anywhere from ten to sixty minutes later, and my stomach reacts as it would dairy (I'm lactose intolerant) and I have d* etc. I've been good about eating - I've been eating a lot better, no dairy, minimum wheat, but for whatever reason, my stomach has been hypersensitive.

Not to try and overshare, but usually once I've used the toilet, I feel absolutely fine, but today has been weird. I had a weird stomach ache in the morning and used the bathroom, then I was fine. But tonight, I went to the bathroom feeling fine, left feeling terrible and I've been nauseous for about an hour. I'm laying down now with tea and a heating pad, I don't want to take any medicine because I need to really try and work on this myself without constantly relying on medicines.

And off topic, well off the topic of now, but I also found out that I had another stomach virus when I was only two. That doesn't impact me now. But I had grown up thinking I'd only had one stomach virus and was only sick from it once - well no, apparently, I had a very bad one when I was only about two. It bummed me out to be honest. It didn't freak me out, but I was so happy that I'd only had one stomach flu and then to hear that I had had another one was a bummer. But thankfully, they were both under the age of four. But that's part of my fear - the unknown. It's been over ten years since I've been sick!

Anyway, I hope everybody had a fantastic Christmas holiday and a happy new years. Hopefully my stomach feels better. It could be wheat, despite the fact that I haven't been eating pasta, or much wheat at all actually... I have a slight wheat intolerance, I originally tested positive for celiac but then they retested and said "borderline" or something like that. It wasn't a definitive answer, really, and so my doctor basically diagnosed it as a wheat intolerance. I'm not sure, it could just be IBS, sometimes my stomach just likes to be an asshole and put a damper on things!

xo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Not well

sorry that you are starting the new years out with a bad tummy. since you're not at home maybe your body is just reacting to being "off schedule" and familiar foods? or maybe just a touch of nervous tummy from not being home?

doesn't sound like a sv to me at all......i know you've had alot of stomach issues and testing done.....maybe need to cut out gluten all together....i know my mom has bad issues with that and gluten "hides" in so many foods.

hope you feel all better soon........ love, from wilmywood
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.