Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Thought i was in the clear! :(

So Im in the dance program at my school and for the past few weeks all Ive been hearing about is this terrible respiratory flu going around. Everyone in my dance class has been missing school and coming back coughing like crazy. This sounds weird but i was soo happy that this was going around cuz i wasnt hearing about any stomach viruses going around. Well yesterday i started to catch the flu virus and had a sore throat and a cough. Last night we had our dance show which means that everyone is in close quarters with one another. So i walk past one of thr dressing rooms (inside) and this girl walks out and says she threw up. Idk if she meant she had just threw up. But i assumed that she v* in the bathroom in her dressing room (i didnt share a dressing room with her tho i was just standing in front of it a lot) so i tried to hold my breath around that room as much as possible but couldnt avoid being around it. One girl said stomach issues were going around that dressing room which really freaks me out. So last night i was up all night with a stomach ache that felt like it was from the post nasal drip from my cold. But then i woke up with a rumbly stomach and had a loose stool (not d*) so i am freaking out . Im worried it will turn into d* cuz my stomach is still rumbling (my stomach does do that often tho). So i just dont know what to do. Im so scared that i caught the stomach bug or that i will catch it cuz i have to do another show again tonight any advice!

Default Re: Thought i was in the clear! :(

Well Sarah, there are no experts on right now, so I'll do my best to help you.

If the girl who threw up had flu, either she has a weak stomach or the flu was pretty bad. I catch the flu every damn year, feel like crap but I have NEVER thrown up from it. I swear.

Rumbly stomachs mean nothing. Mine is always rumbly and I repeat, I have never thrown up from it. Same thing with loose stool. It could be something you ate. Certain foods make it loose. It's not because it's loose it's going to turn into d*. Again, it could be something you ate.

Wash your hands and avoid sick people as much as you can, but enjoy the dance program! Good luck!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the reply. Im more worried that the girl who threw up had norovirus and that im going to catch that. My stomach is currently kind of in pain and nauseous but it could b from my cold and i havent eaten yet this morning i just feel like i was in such close proximity with the v* that its inevitable that ill catch it

Hi, I'm not an expert either... in fact just joined this forum... But I just wanted to say that for as many times that I know I have been in the vicinity of someone with sv* or even had people in my household get it... I have never gotten it in those cases. The one time I did get it I have no idea where it came from. I just wash my hands and don't touch my face... and also stay as far away as reasonably possible from the person with germs and anything they potentially touched. It sounds like you are fine right now. Good luck in your dance show!

Thank you. And yea i washed my hands as soon as i got to my friends house after and i tried to stay away from her it was just hard cuz their dressing room is right next to the stage where i have to stand! Do any of you guys know how long the aerosol droplets from v* hang around in the air after someone v*?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah429 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Im more worried that the girl who threw up had norovirus and that im going to catch that. My stomach is currently kind of in pain and nauseous but it could b from my cold and i havent eaten yet this morning i just feel like i was in such close proximity with the v* that its inevitable that ill catch it
    Well, if it was noro I doubt she would be going on with the show after. She'd probably be stuck in the bathroom being sick like a dog (noro is pretty violent) so chances are it was something else entirely that caused her v* (another milder sv, food poisoning, stress...). Also, you can't catch any sv* just from being "close" to someone. They'd have to v* right next to you for you to be exposed that way, and even then the particles only stay airborne for a few minutes before falling and they don't cover a large area (maybe 2m diameter). That's because it's not a true aerosol, it's a spray. It's very different in terms of distribution of particle sizes. An aerosol will stay airborne for long periods due to the small size of droplets and will float on air currents, whereas a spray creates much larger droplets that settle fairly quickly. So if you washed your hands when coming home and didn't put your hands in your mouth you'll be fine. Also, should you catch it, if it was a mild sv there's a fairly good chance you won't v* from it and it'll pass with other symptoms.

Thank you so much AoD! Yea she kept dancing in the show for the rest of the night so idk what she had. The girl said that d* was going around so if i do get it hopefully i just get that. Right now im just stuck in bed with a sore throat and a headache. I have a pretty bad stomach ache but i was able to eat a banana so im thinking thats a good sign thanks all of you guys. I hate flu season! Luckily im in CA which is low in reports of noro but the "flu" is wide spread now :/

You have the flu hun, dont worry about the diarrhoea rumour just focus on getting better

You should be fine and avoid v*, if you have a sore throat the stomach ache is probably caused by post-nasal drip or mucus. It doesn't sound like a sv*. Keep eating bland foods like bananas, that's your best bet to avoid nausea when ill. Also, you can sip on ginger tea it will soothe your cold and the stomach ache! Get some rest, hope you feel better soon