Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Terrified of being ill

Hi guys,

I'm really, really frightened at the moment. Last Tuesday my boyfriend had what we think was probably norovirus. He vomited once at 1am (Wednesday morning) after feeling sick and crampy all evening but didn't have any diarrhoea or throw up anymore after that. I didn't see him till Saturday at 8pm because I wanted to wait the full 72 hours to minimise the chances of him being infectious. He came over and was very careful about washing his hands etc because he knows how nervous I get and just generally put me at ease. He went home this afternoon and we just spoke at 11pm when he told me his sister has been feeling very sick and seems to have caught what he had. Now I'm panicking again because I'm terrified I might have caught it too and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm having a panic attack and hyperventilating which is making me feel unwell and even more panicky. I'm just so afraid. I hate winter =(

xx

Default Re: Terrified of being ill

Hi Gaslight,

Did you see your boyfriend last Tuesday? It seems unlikely that his sister caught norovirus 5 days after he had it. It could easily be that she picked the bug up from somewhere else!

xx

No I hadn't seen him since the Friday before. Thank you, I really needed to hear that. Even though I know that logically it's unlikely I still panic and I need to have someone else reassure me.
    Thank you for replying! I appreciate it ^_^
    xx

I have to agree that it could be she caught it from somewhere else. Also, just v* once and no d* doesn't sound like noro, more like a milder stomach virus (so most likely much less virulent).

Thank you =) I'm feeling a lot more reassured. I've been panicking since he first got ill.
    xx