Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling So Much BETTER!

Hello All,

I just wanted to share that I am feeling so great these days! I have put on about 10-15lbs, I am eating up a storm, even late at night, and I am eating things I would never have before. I have also taken care of my sick daughter twice in the last couple of months I feel free, relieved, and above all HAPPY.

I cannot tell you any magical way that I got to this point, I have been an emet for as long as I can remember, having only V*'ed 2 times in my life. a couple years ago, I was so bad, I was eating only 3 different things (toast, crackers, and ginger ale) and taking gravol almost everyday!! I was so skinny, I almost checked myself into a hospital (down to 89lbs). I went to a therapist but it didn't seem to help. The one thing she asked me that really stuck with me one day was "would you rather V* or would you rather die?" That question really stayed with me. I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a granddaughter, a friend. I need to be here in every aspect of my life, mentally and physically for all of those people. Most of all my daughter. The answer was simple: I would rather V*.

So now it is just a matter of perspective for me. When I feel sick, I remember that, and although I dislike that feeling, I remind myself it will pass and it is NOT apart of my life and I will NOT continue to let it run my life. I have an example to set, but more than that I have a life to live. It is not perfect and I do have harder days then others. But I am thankful everyday for being alive, for the beauty that life has offered me, and for my beautiful daughter who has given me more strength then I ever imagined I had.

I leave you with this, and I hope you can find some peace and comfort in my story.

God Bless.

Default Re: Feeling So Much BETTER!

YAY!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I love to hear success stories! Congratulations!

That's so awesome! One day I hope to be at the point you are, where I can look at things logically. I am sure your story will give lots of people hope! Good luck, and I hope you stay strong.

That's wonderful! I'm so glad you have beat this.

Good for you!! Congratulations!! I had been doing somewhat better, but now it's getting really bad again...I hope I can get back to feeling good again.

That really made my day. Thank you for sharing!

Overcoming something that drains you mentally and physically everyday, and to be able to live life in such a positive way is a GREAT achievement, and you should be proud of yourself!

It is true what you say. Life has so many opportunities, moments to treasure and most of all, there are wonderful family and friends around who treasure us and hope for our wellbeing.
    V*, even though it is uncomfortable, doesn't last very long and usually just cleanses our bodies so that the next day we feel much better. Then we can go back and have fun and create more memories. Death is, obviously, the end of everything - and think about all the things we would miss everyday!

Besides, living such a strenuous life actually makes us miserable and more prone to illness. My friends mom hasn't v* for 38 years and she goes to concerts, parties, restaurants, travels, you name it.
    Being positive is actually a great booster for our immune system, so keep going strong.

Sorry for going all philosophical on you :P
    Hugs~

That is really great to hear!! I love hearing stories like these, it really makes me feel like one day I can get over this fear as well. I am really really happy for you especially with the eating because I'm the same way you were. I lost a lot of weight and barely eat and I know I feel so terrible all the time because of that. I can't wait to gain 10 pounds and feel free the way you do! I hope you stay strong!