Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Oh God... need help once again!

Sorry for all the recent posts, this may be TMi so i apologise but i was just chilling and had a big lump in my throat (which i get alot) but it was a bit worse this time so i started freaking out a little (heavy breathing but not too bad.) Just after i had calmed myself down a bit, i suddenly need to go to the toilet and it was, you guessed it... D* Sometimes when i freak out it can affect my bowels slightly but not this bad! I didn't and still don't feel sick and i haven't been out for 4 days or eaten anything that could have made me ill, what is wrong? I've also had a cold for the last few days too but i don't think that's connected! Once again i'm lying in my bed terrified and just counting the minutes and i just need some support, i am so sorry if my post are getting annoying i just don't know what else to do
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Default Re: Oh God... need help once again!

I'm so sorry you are in such distress. I also get the lump in my throat and *D when I panic. It's a natural body reaction with all the adrenalin running through your body. The lump in my throat is directly related to feelings of when I was sexually abused. I'm not saying this is the same for you but I will say that knowing has helped me. I also work with my inner children which is a tremendous help. I highly recommend anyone find a therapist who understands inner children because working directly with them speeds along recovery. I had a panic attack today and what I do is 1.) belly breathing - this takes lots of concentration 2.) talk to my inner children and let them know that they will not be hurt in any way 3.) I rub my stomach or my thigh - whichever is more comfortable - this is very comforting to the inner children. Inner children work is not for everyone but if you want to look into it I am a believer that it helps. I hope you are feeling better soon. Remember what Anna S Christi says "*V is not dangerous or harmful in any way. It can't hurt me, so I don't need to fear it."

So anxiety can cause proper D*? I'm not really sure where fears or anything come from so it's difficult for me to do that, i saw a hypnotherapist that made me 'talk' to child self but it didn't help! :/ I'm starting to feel really gassy and i'm getting even more scared
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

I'm so scared

How are you now?

Scared, i feel kind of gasy and i can't stop worrying about it

I'm getting a slight gassy pain in my stomach, is this just anxiety? :/

Oh my god, turning into a panic attack please anyone i need to talk to someone

Hi JessicaVictoria, how are you now? Hope you are ok, like you said, you get d* from anxiety. Yes you can get d* from anxiety, anxiety is so bad for us, it causes our bodies to do loads of things! Please read what luckyinlife wrote, you will be fine

I'm even worse! I know have terrible throat nausea/lump literally feels like i'm going to gag at any monment which isn't good since thats the part of vom i fear most Does anyone know if the chatroom is working? Could really use it right now!

How are you going JessicaVictoria?? The symptoms you describe are all anxiety related and the fact that you fear them is making the anxiety worse and this becomes a vicious cycle.

Try and take 3 conscious (as in think about what you're doing) breaths....make sure they are slow and deep. Try saying in your head on the breath in "i am" and on the breath out "relaxed"...... do this several times

and I know from experience that anxiety can create VERY REAL sv symptoms so try and not to jump to conclusions and remind yourself that it is just the anxiety

*big cyber hugs*

Thank you for the replies! I know the fact i'm sat here concentrating on how i feel is making me feel worse but it's so hard not too! I've managed to calm myself down slightly, but the massive lump in my throat is still there and is causing so much destress! I know it's going to be another sleepless night and i can't deal with many more of them

I think that's the most important thing you can do to calm yourself is to break the "thinking cycle"... the more you think about it the more you get worked up. I seriously recommend turning to youtube and bring up some relaxation music with imagery and focus on that. And also don't forget, things always seem so much worse at night! The world can be a really lonely place then...

I'm trying to stop the bad thoughts as soon as the come into my head and it does seem to be helping slightly, although the throat nausea is still strong! I am going to try that, i do have relaxation music on but the visual element may help more! That is completley true, i have really grown to hate the night time..