Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can't sleep!!!!!!

Insomnia has been bad lately. Got a little queasy awhile ago. But I'm hurting so bad. I did too many ab workouts yesterday and can barely move. If anyone else works out how long does the pain last and should I work them out more or wait till the pain subsides? I can barely sit up.

Default Re: Can't sleep!!!!!!

A few years ago I went running for the first time in a while. I became very sore. The next day I decided that running again would take the soreness away...boy was I wrong. I could barely move. So I would recommend waiting until the soreness subsides a bit.

Thanks. I did back workouts yesterday so I think eventhough their different muscles I still had to use my abs which made it worse. They still hurt today but yesterday I couldn't touch anywhere near there. I wanna be fit it just sucks getting there. Plus nausea gets in the way. I either get nervous nausea before I go or nausea after because I really don't eat much.

Bakogirl, I know what you mean about work out soreness... I lift weights and have for a few years-- love it! It is hard sometimes with n, I know. I tend to feel pretty icky when I push it too hard on leg days. I got a heart rate monitor for my birthday, and it amazes me how hard we work when lifting! I have found that a foam roller helps to work out some soreness, but it hurts like hell while you're doing it. I also started taking L-Glutamine to aid in muscle recovery. For me, lots of water and keeping the sore muscles moving helps the most. If I can't sleep due to soreness, I do sometimes (like, less than once a month) take a muscle relaxer before bed. I just found out, too, after I started a running program for a month, that I don't eat enough to do cardio right now. I tried to quit smoking and start running while, at the same time, counting calories... Gained 10 lbs in a MONTH. Yikes! Now, 3 weeks later, I have stopped running and just hike or do a little cardio after weights... Am down 11 lbs in 3 weeks! I swear my body is weird!
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne

Despite the pain lifting weights makes me feel amazing just not the next day. I was gaining but I've grown some muscles. Now my weight is level. As for quitting smoking. I gained like 20 lbs in 2 months. I started to smoke again thinking I'd lose it but no. I think quitting screwed my metabolism up. I use to bounce between 120-130. Now I'm stuck at 146 and 5'4". So I'm just slightly over weight. I wish to be in the 130s again.