Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I feel n* please please please help

Posted earlier about the fact I'm in hospital after a urethral op and also got a UTI and low blood pressure. Now I'm feeling VERY sick. No surprise what with the amount of drugs I'm on. I've been given anti-sickness but it's not enough. I'm surrounded by other people v* too. Not helping. I feel so claustrophobic too as I can't get out of bed and walk yet so just imprisoned in my bed xx

Default Re: I feel n* please please please help

Hit nurse button to see if they can knock you out so you can sleep. HUGS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Can you ask for some Phenergan or some ice chips? I felt SO n* when I woke up from surgery but they gave me sea bands, something peperminty to smell, ice chips, and then I was fine! *hugs*

Hey guys thanks for your replies.. A week on from surgery and I'm still not right. I've suffered nausea as a result of constipation, drugs and anxiety. It's still happening now... And although I'm out hospital I still have a catheter in and the pain is bad. The chance of UTI is high and the possible associated nausea bothers me. I was discharged on Sun (stayed five days) and I'm still stressing that I have picked up a bug from hospital. Not only that when I was in hospital I was surrounded by people who v* - and there was no escape on the ward. It was torture.

Basically ever since the op my head has been in a spin. It's one thing going through the physical and emotional trauma of surgery but to have a phobia like this makes everything even worse :/ on Sunday I was retching from constipation... The memory of it is still fresh in my mind and filling me with dread...

I would appreciate any encouragement please

Being in a hospital going through something like what you did, and surrounded by sick people, is pure torture for someone with emetophobia. But, YOU DID IT! You got through it, and you didn't vomit, even though you did retch. And I know how awful retching is (to me it's the same as vomiting), but you got through THAT too. Try to focus on everything that went RIGHT instead of all the scary things, and know that as each day passes you'll get better until this traumatic experience is just a memory.

Try to keep your mind busy, off of yourself as much as possible. Remember - distraction is our friend!

Hang in there. It'll get better.
    EmetophobiaHelpline.com