Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stange Bug Making The Rounds

Hey everyone,

Just over a week ago I came down with some weird bug. It started out in my stomach...making me nauseated. It then went to my throat still accompanied by nausea and no appetite. I went to the dr. and he thought it might be strep so he put me on antibiotics. It turned into a stuffy nose and cough. My co-worker seems to have come down with the same thing, sore throat, nausea...except she actually v'd twice.

I thought we were supposed to be a bit safer from sickness in the summer??!

Also, is it possible to get this bug twice back to back? Eventhough I just got over it, can I catch it again from my co-worker?

Keep healthy everyone!!

Default Re: Stange Bug Making The Rounds

Your immune system learned to cope with the virus and you are kinda immune from the same strand for a while so I don't think you have to worry about that...

There are several things that affect seasonal sickness, one being that germs have a softer membrane or something like that. Other is people stay indoors more often in winter.

Sounds like a cold
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I agree with the above comments, some cold viruses can make you feel nauseous, and even give you diarreah. They usually start making you feel sick then turn into a cold. If your co-worker has the same strain as you, you wont be able to catch it once you have had it.