Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default UTI... Scared. *Gross*

So this is a little OT, and gross to be perfectly honest, but I'm almost positive I have a UTI. It started yesterday on a long car ride. Of course. I got home and though I just needed to go very bad but no. Then the sharp pains started and the dark urine with a few drops of blood. I took a bath and started downing water and cranberry juice. I started feeling better. I slept pretty good and this morning was fine, I had clear urine but I kept drinking water and cranberry juice anyway. A few hours ago, I went and noticed some mucusy looking stuff, which I guess is normal from everything that I've read. I'm allergic to all antibiotics and I'm in school to be a Natruopath Doctor, so I wanted to treat this at home. I went again and it literally looked like snot. A lot of snot. It doesn't hurt to go anymore, just an intense *I HAVE TO GO NOW* feeling when I do have to go, which is about every 45 minutes with how much I've been drinking. It is better, but the mucus is scaring me. I really realllllly don't want to go to the doctor because I know they'll want to put me on antibiotics and I can't do that. Any thoughts? Should I just wait a day or 2 and see how it is?

Default Re: UTI... Scared. *Gross*

I think there is an OTC product that is for UTI's called AZO you should look into it i think you can get it at like walmart target ect...Hope you feel better soon

You should not be urinating mucus. You NEED to go to the doctor.

You should see a doctor

Please be aware that AZO only treats the SYMPTOMS of a UTI. It does not treat the actual infection. I was silly enough to use AZO hoping that maybe it was just something that would pass, because I have had almost "phantom" UTI's where it would feel like one but not one and I ended up extremely sick with a kidney infection. I needed to take 2 500mg of Cipro a day for a month. Not worth it.

Yes. I would head to the Dr. I have had many UTI's and never had mucus like that.