Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was wondering if folk had any ideas for practising letting go of control. Control does seem to be a big part of this phobia for many of us but I'm not meaning here anything to do with facing the fear as such. I just mean generally in life -if I allowed myself to be more relaxed and less controlled I guess it can only help my overall anxiety levels.

SoI was thinking of fun things like yelling loudly at a sports event, kicking autumn leaves.. umm.. seeI can't think of much else cos l'm so busy always having to get things right and be on time for things and stuff. Ugh.

Anyone got a hobby or anything that they find helps them 'lose themselves' instead of being in control all the time?

The best thing, ultimately, is to find a safe relationship. With a therapist, or friend, or partner. Once you feel safe, you can "put your life in their hands". Let them care for you. Trust that they will be there when you need them. That's really an exercise in giving up control.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ah well yes I suppose that really is the ultimate letting go!

I guess I wasn't thinking of a person but actually its quite a timely reply becauseI've been thinking this week how much Idon'ttrust anyone enough to be really emotionally open with them.Istarted another thread aboutshowing emotions so I won't repeat myself here. Suffice to sayI had to 'look after myself' from a v young age so its v v hard to allow someone else to 'care for me'. Terrified of coming across as silly or dependent or childish. Same kind of fearas the embarassment orbeing vulnerable if I v*ted. Funny that.

i like the sound of this idea eh, does music count? or art? cause if i sit and play/listen to music i can totally lose myself in it same with if i draw i can get lost in it. im also a boxer and i completely lose myself in that.
    .: tonight i\'m letting go :.

I've found a therapist that I can completely be myself with but I still have problems with controlling my life. Things have to be JUST the RIGHT way before I do anything. *Shrug* I guess I'm weird like that.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!