Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm back! AGain. I try so hard to rely on myself and not run to this site for reassurance... I want to be able to be comfortable enough in my own skin to deal with things going on in MY body. As you can all see very clearly, its not working all that well lately.

I think I have a bug. It started last night, I got these weird feelings in my stomach...kind of felt sore. Not nauesous, but not painful.. just uncomfortable, maybe a little tender. Anyway this morning i woke up and ate my breakfast, I felt as though I were STARVING...you know that empty, sort of right before your stomach rumbles feeling? About 10 minutes after, i was on my way to work and I started feeling really sick. I tried to ignore it and eventually it was bearable. Fast forward to lunchtme: Came home, ate, had diarrhea, and then went back to work. 2pm rolls around, the feeling comes over me again..i just gave up and went home. And for the remainder of the day, its been stomach cramps, that odd hungry/nauseous feeling, a bit of nausea, and of course the poops. I am PETRIFIED that I'm going to be sick. Petrified. Would I have vomited by now if I were going to? I am always so scared that if I go an entire day with nausea, that eventually my stomach is going to just say to hell with this, and get rid of its contents. Anyway...I needed to vent and maybe i need a little reassurance. I'm scared.

Thanks guys.......

Lisa

If you were going to, don't you think you would have by now? Anyways - how are you feeling now?

I hope you're feeling better!

I think that since you have the poops, you're not going to v.

Nahh, you're gonna be just fine, Moonshyne! Last time I had something like that, I felt exactly the same as you, and I never v*d or even came close...just didn't feel the best, that's all. If you were going to v*, I'd imagine it would have hit you straight away, before the d*, even, so I reckon you're on the road to recovery. Take it easy, eat some plain food - like toast or crackers, and KEEP HYDRATED! Thats the most important thing, drink alot of water. It'll soon be out of your system and you'llstart to feelbetter=) these things sometimes take a few days to go completely, but just take it slowly.

Don't be scared to post more, if you're still scared, there are always people around here willing to lend a bit of reassurnace. You'll be fine!

Okay you guys... I'm still not feeling better. I am pooping like crazy. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom because I'm scared I'll start vomiting as well. I don't feel nauseous but what if it just hits me suddenly? I thought I was getting better, today I felt okay and then all of a sudden I started getting these vicious cramps and here I am again. I'm so scared, I want to run away from myself... all I keep thinking is, what if this is the norwalk virus... what if I have the stomach flu and i'm going to be sick any moment? I'm terrified, I haven't felt like this in a long time. My stomach is so cramped up. I keep hoping that my period is going to start and thats all it is, but i can't remember when I'm due. I hate this, why can't I just be a normal person? I am so discouraged and down on myself right now. Help me!

Lisa

If I were you, I'd go to the bathroom because I'd be worried if it
    doesn't come out the bottom, then it might come out some other way.
    Just try to relax and you might find some pepto bismol chewables to
    calm your stomach.

It sounds like you might have gas pains. I had them the other night
    after not having them in a couple of years. I didn't have much of an
    appetite. First thing I did was unbutton my jeans and undo my belt. I
    ate a can of spaghettios and some plain cheerios cereal. Went to the
    potty and felt like a million bucks.

I had a nice can of very gassy coke too. This is one of those occasions where it's ok to burp and fart all you want.[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

Edited by: liriodendron

Hey there

Really if you were going V* you would have done it by now, so relax. Drink some nice mint tea to calm you stomach. If you feel sick chew some minty gum, that normally works for me. Watch something good on TV to take your mind off - you'll be fine. Rice is good for the runs!

Take care, get better soon

Not getting any better!!!!!!!!!! This SUCKS! Can I please be disgustingly graphic right now? I have moved from having the soft poops, to the almost liquid poops and it hurts so friggin bad that I don't want to go to the bathroom. I can't stand the feeling, so I just refuse to go, its as if someone is lighting my ass on fire. So I'm not sure if its just making me feel worse that I'm literally full of s***.. or what. Anyway my stomach rumbles as if its hungry and then once I try to eat, I get nauseated and disgusted so I'm just going to give up for the night.

I hate this!

Lisa

Hmm. Sounds like a bug, or something you ate that was off that's giving you such bad poops.

I suggest you take a gravol...and lay down on the couch...with your knees up, sip some sprite, try and relax, do some deep breathing.

You'll get through this.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Does this mean that I'm going to throw up?? I don't think I have been this afraid for a long LONG time. I am so f***ing scared right now I could either cry, which I might, or lose my mind. Either is a huge possibility. I'm so so so scared. I'm always scared of it coming out both ends, ie norwalk virus, or something. I cant' handle that.. I really can't. I don't have gravol or anything........ I am so scared. I'm scared to poop... now I'm doubly scared because I am afraid, cuz I'm slightly nauseated, that I'll throw up while I'm on the toilet. I want to run away from myself, I can't deal with this.

Hmm...do you have any anti-nausea meds? That usually helps me.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Moonshyne

It sounds like you need someone to be the voice of reason here. First of all remember, no matter how bad this gets, you have done it before and you will get through this again. You are strong! No matter what happens you will not "lose it".I know it feels like it, but you won't. Next,tell yourself that feeling unwell is not dangerous and it can't hurt you. Yes, it is unpleasant and gross and disgusting, but it WILL NOT hurt you. It is not dangerous to your well being in any way. Finally, your anxiety will not stay high forever.All anxiety has a beginning a middle and an end. It will go down. Keep saying these things to yourself.

Are you alone? Is there anyone who could support you? Don't be afraid to talk to someone. Ask them to bring you some Gravol and take some Immodium for the cramps and diarrea.

I have faith in you. This will pass and you will be stronger for it!

happyteacher

Just chill, Moonshyne. Happyteacher is right, you might feel gross, but that doesn't mean you'll v*. I don't think you will, it doesn't sound like it - sounds like you just picked up a bit of a virus - but its nothing to be afraid of! Its just passing through your system, thats all. I know the liquid poops are just horrible, but don't worry, it'll all be over soon. Sometimes these things take a good few days to get over. I remember having the same thing, it knocked me about for about a week - but I didn't v*.

You just have to stay positive, and the whole thing won't seem so bad. I know its hard to at anything in these sorts of situations, but try to nibble a biscuit every so often. It probably feels like its not gettign any better, and you keep relapsing, but day by day, you WILL recover. Just think how good you'll feel when its over.

Stay strong, you're gonna be ok! ^_^ Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Hope you're feeling better.

Hey Everyone

Last night was absolutely horrifying for me. But I made it through... thanks to you all and Hippy.. she talked me through it all.. poor thing!!! haha. I don't know what I would do without the support of this place, you guys are all wonderful.

For the record, I did not V. I felt more nauseous than necessary because I was desperately trying to hold the poops in. Apparently thats not a good idea. ha. Anyway today things seem to be on the way to normalcy and hopefully it will keep getting better.

Thank you again........ Love you all tons.

Lisa

Sooo glad you are feling better honey, I've been wondering on and off how you are doing though I knew you'd be fine (Thankfully, I seem to remember a promise that if you got sick you could hunt me down [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]hehe) But I'm happy to have it confirmed [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Hope today is better for you.

xxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey

One quick question... is it normal to kind of feel off for a bit afterwards? Like..off and on? I know thats a stupid question, but I am feeling sick again, but NOTHING like last night. Maybe I'm just hungry or something............ For some reason, unless I feel PERFECT, I freak out.

Thanks

Lis

Yeah I think after the night of anxiety which you said was the first in a while you would feel off for a while, your body will be tired, plus it's been through a lot last night.

xxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

So glad you're feeling better now Moonshyne! I know exactly how you feel, as I said, I suffered the same sort of thing about a year ago. Yes, it is TOTALLY normal for you to be feeling a bit rough even after its mostly gone - just think, you've been constantly worried for a good few days, probably not had much sleep, have eaten next to nothing, and you're no doubt a bit dehydrated from the d*...so, no, don't worry if you still feel a bit off. Just keep taking it easy - your appetite will probably start coming back a bit (you probably feel pretty hollow after not eating much), and you'll begin to really fancy certain foods - but yeah, just go easy, eat some simple things, and not too much of them. Overdoing it probably wouldn't be a great idea.

So yeah, don't worry, these things take a bit of time to get over. Get plenty of rest and drink lots, too - you just need to build up your strength again [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

~julieEdited by: angel13