Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Is it just me, or are all jeans low waisted these days? I dont like the tapered leg jeans anymore, but they seem to be the only ones I can find that arent low waisted or "sits slightly below waist." I have had three children and the "slightly below waist" jeans dont look as well on me as they used to. Does anyone know where I can find some jeans that are straight legged, or boot cut, but that dont have the "low waist" or slightly below waist" fit?

hey jenny-

I would suggest Old Navy jeans- even their low rise are high-waisted (They go up to my bellybutton- to high for me, haha). They have a really conservative cut compared to some other brands, and many boot-cut and boy-cut options. It may take awhile, but you can probably find something that fits well

lol- I have the opposite problem as you- I have a short torso and long legs, so I need to wear low rise or ultra low rise or else the jeans sit at my armpits.

* Amber *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with Amber--Old Navy is a great place to find jeans that fit well. You have many options there. You may also want to try GAP. I have never been able to find any jeans that I like there, but I know many people who have. Some of their jeans seem to be a bit higher waisted. I tend to really like the low waist, though!

Jess

I too, agree with the other two

Old Navy is Great! They have like 2 walls that are filled with different jeans, and they have the cut and style at the top of each section. Sometimes color options leave a little to be desired, but they have tons of strech jeans, and sizes from like 3-22 that I've seen. (I never even really wore maternity clothes, I was able to wear the low rise jeans w/ sweatshirts and so forth until the summer.)

Another place that you could try is lane-bryant. They're a little more expensive, but their clothes are of excellent quality!
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Leigh you are too funny I would be asking the same question as you.....b/c I have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!! After kids...well lets just say I can't fit into the low waist jeans anymore WEll I can get in them.....but they just don't fit me good...so I know exactly how you feel about this jean issue!!!! The only pair I found so far is at Old Navy.....well i got them at an outlet store that sells Old Navy so i got them for like 9.99.................and they fit the best of all. Good luck and if you find some...let me know Talk soon...Kate
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I LOVE low rise jeans, but recently I've put on a few pounds around my middle ( sigh, the things Uni food does to you) and I have trouble wearing them, because everytime I bend over or sit down, I've got the plummers crack! lol.

if anyone knows about jeans that are low rise and don't give you the plumers crack, let me know!

I didn't know old navy had such good jeans - we just got one here so maybe I'll check it out!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Jill-

Moto jeans are the best!!!! (if you can find them- I usually have to go to Simon's in Montreal to get a decent pair). They are low rise- but not so low as to show the plummage. They are also really stretchy, so if you,re having a not-so-thin day they accomodate (and then shrink back once you wash and dry them).

They are my absolute favourite- and come in a variety of styles and washes.

*amber*

Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing as everyone else... Old Navy! That place is awesome!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I will have to go look at Old Navy. I used to go there alot, but it got to where I couldnt find anything anymore. I like the low waist jeans, its just that they dont like me, lol!!!! I really like Levis, which is what I wear the most, but if I get them in the boot cut or the straight leg ......... the waist part wont fit me the way I want it to. Of well, I am going to go check out Old Navy soon.

Thank you everyone!!!!

Leigh funny how you asked this question. Yesterday I watched Oprah and her show was on buying the perfect jeans and the perfect bra. I watched itfor the bra, I want my puppies to be nice and high, well at least higher!
    They talked about buying jeans for your body type. go to oprah.com and on the left you will see oprahs bra and jeans intervention

im in the uk and i have problems getting jeans to fit also.I have to get low waisted jeans because my hips are out of proportion to my waist so if i get them to fit my hips, they stick out at the back on my waist. It is so annoying.

I also cannot get a bra to fit meright Hardly anywhere sells largercup sizes and when they do they are so old fashioned and ugly. Im so jealous of people that are like a c cupso can always findthe right size!I went into new look and found some in mysize, and they had really thick padding! What were they thinking padding out a E cup!