Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question OT/ish - Moldy cheese?

I'm not really in a panic over it, and I'm not concerned about getting sick... but still thinking about it.

Went to make quinoa today and I like to make cheese sauce with it. I checked the date on the shredded cheese packet, it was all good (February 16th) and I've been using it regularly and it's been fine. As I was dumping it into the measuring cup, I noticed mold! I picked those pieces out and almost without another thought, continued on. Three years ago I would have panicked and cried, and thrown it all out... but I sorted through the rest of the cheese and there was nothing else, and it tasted/smelled fine.

But I'm wondering if it was a really dumb decision now, as it was sealed in the packet, if that makes sense. I know typically with cheese you can cut around the mold and continue to use this, but since this was prepackaged shredded cheese, I'm wondering if that's different. I'm not in a panic but like I said, still thinking about it... and I don't want to tell my mom because she'll absolutely flip at me for eating it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: OT/ish - Moldy cheese?

You'll be fine. I'm embarrassed to say that I do that fairly regularly without an issue