Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am so irritated. My co-worker keeps complaining about how she feels really dizzy and nauseous. her boss told her to go home and what does she do? "Oh no, I think I can make it." I got pissed and told her if she feels sick she needs to go home...two of us have told her we are going to come looking for her if we get sick. Seriously, it is the day before Thanksgiving, there is nothing to do, your boss has told you to go home and you still don't? Yeah, real considerate you assclown...get everyone sick the day before Thanksgiving.

Why oh why do people not stay home when they are sick??[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Oh, here's the icing on the icing on the cake..apparently she vomited this morning before coming to work and just told me she has a sore throat.

Would you EVER come to work after vomiting? She STILL doesn't think she is sick!! What an idiot.

I'm so sorry for you - I prayed coming into work today that nobody would be sick. I don't understand the "no, I'll tough it out" attitude. Just stay away from her and you know the drill...wash your hands and keep them away from your face. Hope you have a Happy and well Thanksgiving! Hope we all do!!!

Thank you so much dord. I am qaurantiing myself in my office!LOL. Unfortunately I am feeling very panicky and anxious and starting to feel sick...I haven't had this happen for quite a while.

You have a Happy Thanksgiving too.

here is a question- does her job permit sick leave, and would she still be paid for the full day if she left early?

I have had to work through colds, flus, strep throat and laryngitis because I was working on contract, and if I didn't show up for work, I wouldn't get paid. Many people who work part-time or on contract don't really have the luxury of staying home unless it's really impossible for them to work. I would like to be able to stay home everytime I get sick.....but I really can't afford to.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah - I have a co-worker who is working today with virtually the same symptoms. She has not v'd, but is nauseous, dixxy, sore throat. I am irritated she is here today when she's sick, but on the other hand, she has missed a lot of work already. I am just trying to tay away from her and use good hygiene. There is so much crap out there - I just hope my kids don't get sick for the holiday.

riley - I know, its awful. I have to remember that just because one person at work gets sick doesn't mean I am going to immediately and inevitably catch what they have. In fact I don't think i have ever caught anything from anyone at work, it is usually from my family members if anything, or just because I get too rundown and stressed.

crimgoddess - yes, she has plenty of paid sick days left which makes it even more ridiculous that she was here. She did end up going home at noon thank God, but I have still been having anxiety all day.

Yeah well only in America do we work when we're sick so we can use our sick days for when we feel better. I agree with you though, if you can afford to stay home and rest up then you should do that! I know I wouldn't come into work if I was feeling dizzy and/or nauseaous!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

People just like to bitch and moan. I bet if this person had something
    to worry about, they wouldn't be at their desk talking about it, they'd
    be in the ____ with uncontrollable _____ and ______ . They wouldn't be
    talking, they'd be gasping for air. Save up some old dirty socks
    so next time this person wants to open their trap, you can cram a
    couple pairs of them in their mouth, That should give you enough time
    to duct tape them to the chair and roll them out of the office. That
    isn't to say this person isn't an inconsiderate _____. Who deserves to
    ______ with a ______ up the ______ on _____. If I were you I'd
    _______ your _______ on this person's ________ and tell the boss
    _______. Then put some _______ on their _________. It will be so funny.

Hope you like mad libs. And cheer up because you'll be fine.

LOL, thanks liriodendron, that was freakin funny.

So when I came in on Monday my sick co-worker said she didn't even make it out of the building on Wednesday before v*ing. Geez, thank goodness she left when she did, and I remained healthy over Thanksgiving. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Although I hate it when people come to work sick, I can understand why they do. I don't get sick pay. If im off ill I get less money, I have moved back with my mum now but when I lived alone a couple of days off sick potentially could mean I could not pay my rent.

Please don't judge people who come to work sick so harshly. They may have circumstances which prevent them taking time off.

I can understand what Nicki is saying, that unfortunately some people HAVE to work, due to no sick pay. I was a single mother for a long time, and worked in a one-person office and had no benefits, no sick pay. There were times when I had to go to work with bottled water, throat spray, cough drops and tylenol all sitting on my desk. What makes me so mad, are these people who DO HAVE allotted sick leave time, but make work a priority, endangering not only the health of their co-workers, but their own health as well. Some people prioritize jobs over health and family, and that, in my opinion, is not good. Just my thoughts on this subject [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I can't even imagine driving or taking the bus to work feeling sick, although sometimes you do think it will pass, maybe that's the reasons why some to go to work.
    ~Sheri~

One time my coworker refused to leave the office even though she had "food poisoning" (that's what she said it was, but all emets know that there is always the chance that it is an sv). So, I solved that problem by telling my boss that I was going home because I didn't want to get sick! I know that won't work for everyone - and it wouldn't work at my current job - but that was a great feeling that day . I went home "sick" for her!
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Yeah, I totally understand how it can be to not have paid sick days, but she did, that is my whole point - she had more than enough paid sick days, and that is justinconsiderate of herin my opinion. She's also one of those people who thinks I am "overly obsessive" just because I use hand sanitizer at work and wipe down my desk with bleach wipes. She once told me when I have kids all that will go out the window - I won't care whats dirty and germy...yeah right. I guess ignorane is bliss...

People annoy me when they are sick at work.. just go home! Even if you get less / no money... wouldnt you rather be home v* instead of at work??

Anyway, my friend at work annoyed me today.. I sit right next to her and she had this bad stomach ache all day. Also,her daughter had diarreah while in daycare. I know its probably a tummy bug they have and I HOPE I dont catch it! She tends to get close and breathe on ya too at times... EWWWWW!