Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Went shopping and there IT was, in the middle of the floor!

Ok, so I went shopping yesterday with my 4 year old daughter and my parents. The minute we walked into the store, there IT was - 2 fresh pools of v* all over the floor.The shop assistants put cones round and were telling everyone to 'mind out' until the store cleaner came. Well, you can imagine how I felt. AND my 4 year old goes straight up right next to it and says 'Urgh! Look Mummy!'

Inside I was going crazy. I almost turned around and walked right out. I didn't want to carry on doing any shopping in there in case the food/items nearby had been contaminated.

I had to do a big reality check and tried to calm down.

We weren't actually standing there next to the person when they v*and so I told myself it was unlikely for us to catch anything just by walking past and breathing. Right? (Was still a little worried about any particles landing on any of the produce though) even though it was a little way away from actually anything.

I carried on with my shopping and tried to get it out of my mind. (Go me!) I did try and get the items I needed right from the backs of the shelves though, just in case :-s

We all went into the Cafe in the store after shopping which also freaked me out a bit. What if the sick person had been sitting in there?

Oh dear.............

Default Re: Went shopping and there IT was, in the middle of the floor!

First of all, the ONLY TIME I've ever seen anyone v* in a grocery store, and there have been a few times, it was ALWAYS a pregnant woman. ALWAYS!!!! In fact, I was talking about this a few weeks ago with friend and a few of them said that they were most likely to lose their cookies while grocery shopping during early pregnancy. So, all of that to say that #1, you don't KNOW that the person was sick, and in fact, it's most likely that they weren't or else they wouldn't have been grocery shopping. I mean, who the heck says, "I'm a little n*,........so, what are we going to have for dinner? Better go to the store!" - they don't! Ok, so it COULD have been a young child. So, let's go with that worse case scenario.

If it WAS in fact a young child it sounds like it happened right when they walked into the store and then, any normal person would have turned around and left. They certainly wouldn't keep shopping especially after everyone saw them do that! I mean, come on, no mom is going to walk through the store with a child covered in v*! That's not reasonable to consider at all because it would never have happened.

You don't need to worry about ANY of the items IN the store because they would ONLY have been 'contaminated' if the person touched them AFTER they were ill, which wouldn't have happened. Same with the cafe. NOBODY, not even a crazy person, would go to the cafe after just getting sick! No sick person would be sick 2 times, and then think, 'Hmmm, I wonder if they have pastries today..."

You have NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING to worry about. I promise!

everything syrup said. i could barely walk into a grocery store with all the sights and smells. nope.

I agree with what everyone said, although it has been proven that V particles can travel up to 10 feet away from the "site" through aerosolized particles when the person Vs. So, theoretically, grocery items within 10 feet could have potentially been contaminated, that is, IF it was something contagious.

I've had times where I've had to step over it, or someone makes a fresh puddle next to/near me. Haven't yet gotten sick from that. Also what Syrup said, everything is 100% accurate.

Calm down, and stop you mental countdown.
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

-Walt Disney

I Am (week and day) Pregnant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.