Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Its all around me!

In the last few days alone I've heard so many people complain they have come down with a sv* or know someone who has it. I don't have a huge circle of friends so this is unusual for me but 8 people is a lot - only 2 of these were from the same family. I've been in contact with 2 of these and my daughter has been in close contact with another 1. To say I'm freaking out is an understatement. I feel n* too - more so tonight than over last day or 2. Im so scared this could be it for me.

Default Re: Its all around me!

Yeah, I am Facebook friends with a few of my old teachers, and one of them was complaining about how many absent students she had today. And all of HER teacher friends were commenting, "yeah, the sv* is going around right now." One said she had it TWICE this year- once for four days! (I logged off pretty quickly after reading that- it really scared me.)

Try to take some deep breaths and relax. That's what I'm trying to do.

Its scary! I work with the public and have heard of several cases over a couple of weeks but nothing like this.

Just as I thought the worse of the sv* season was coming to an end. I honestly have never heard of so many cases in such a small sample of people. I have to admit I feel almost doomed. As if its inevitable. Aww I don't know how to cope with this, its really affecting me. Im a nervous wreck and am afraid to go to sleep in case I wake up v*.

It was bad here about a month ago but has since died down. It will there too! Give it a week. Seriously, as soon as you feel like it's 'everywhere', it fades out.

seems like the past 3 weeks have been bad on FB with posts like this... so very upsetting. I just wish it would die down already. UGH..

I feel the same, there have been at least six different fb friends talking about having come down with it. Both of my sister in laws had it within the past month and both of my brothers, luckily one lives 12 hrs away and the other an hour but I still have anxiety about it! Some of the friends on fb live in the same town as me. Also I'm interning at a hospital here and have heard about it going around. I'm just trying to be super careful about washing my hands and staying away from sickies.

Sometimes, I want to be rude and tell people to shut up when they mention it on FB... UGH. lol Seriously.