Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Vomit scenes in Game of Thrones?

I'm a huge fan of the Song of Ice and Fire books (in which some vomiting is described). I have watched the TV show from time to time, but couldn't watch after I saw a scene in, I think, the second season where a man gets seasick in a bowl filled with vomit.

I really want to watch this show since it's great and really does the books justice, but I need to know when and where the vomiting occurs, otherwise I just can't watch.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who knows could list all the vomit scenes, in what episodes they occur and when?

Thanks
    /Dementor

Default Re: Vomit scenes in Game of Thrones?

Anyone?

I've watched all of GoT and to be honest I really don't remember any serious bad v* scenes.

I definitely don't remember the sea sickness into a bucket to be honest! The ones that come to mind (I shall give as much detail as possible without ruining)

There is a scene when the blonde haired women is in a ring eating a heart and that ends badly..

Another scene is at the wedding of Joffrey where he gets poisioned but thats more foaming from the mouth.

They were both VERY obviously coming and I had enough time to look away and put the TV on mute. Its a great series and I think you should definitely watch them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I remember the seasickness scene. I love GoT but it's been difficult to watch since that scene. I've been forewarned of a v scene in the upcoming season but no one reallybknows when it will happen other than its in the first episode, apparently. My only solution it watching the show on a 5 minute delay while my family watches it live. It's the only way I feel I will safely miss having to see it.

I guess the scene to skip is one with Peter Dinklage's character when he's drinking.

Close to the beginning of the episode 1 of the new season! Just watched!

Quote Originally Posted by Khemming View Post
    I remember the seasickness scene. I love GoT but it's been difficult to watch since that scene.

I feel the same.
    I asked my friend about it, and he said: "I think that happens in the beginning of the "Blackwater" episode". Might be nice to know for someone else who wants to watch but who feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Khemming View Post
    I guess the scene to skip is one with Peter Dinklage's character when he's drinking.

Tyrion? But he drinks all the time

There is a scene in the 1st episode of season 2, where a drunk man v* wine in Kings Landing. There is also a scene with Jamie Lannister, but I forget which episode it is in.

Quote Originally Posted by KarMar View Post
    LOL yup, that was rough

Quote Originally Posted by KarMar View Post
    May I ask when?

Or rather, how does it happen?
    (Isn't it possible to edit posts here btw? I'm new!)

so the season first episode also have a vomit scene by our hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by Dementor View Post
    Or rather, how does it happen?
    (Isn't it possible to edit posts here btw? I'm new!)
    After turning gets unpacked, he gulps down a bunch of wine, he talks to someone, the camera pans out...... It happens, and then he keeps on drinking. Tyrion Lannister is obviously not an emet

personally, i was caught off guard and got startled by joffrey in season 4 ep 2, or whichever one it is where he's poisoned. once he starts falling down, look away! it's mostly foam, but he spits onto the ground for a quick shot.

ugh, tyrion. my sweet angel, betraying me w your vomit scenes..

Out of all the things that make me squirm and hide behind my hand with GOT vomit scenes are way far down the list lol! If you can cope with all the gratuitous violence am sure you'll be fine!

I've watched Game of Thrones since the first season and I don't really remember the v* scenes. But, seeing it on TV doesn't really bother me unless it's really graphic or made a big deal out of

I'm currently watching season 5, and I made it through Tyrion's v* scene in the first episode. Are there more scenes of a similar kind in season 5 or 6? I'm currently watching with the cursor on the mute button just in case, but I'm getting a bit tired of that lol.

There's a pretty graphic scene in the latest season when Sam is seasick on his way to Oldtown. You'll probably see it coming.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

Hello, I do not mean to bump this tread back up. But my wife who has Emetophobia and I are interested in starting Game of Thrones but we are concerned as well about any scenes with v*. Does anyone have a up to date list of scenes (if any) that has it in it?

I haven't watched season 7, but in 1-6 there are just a couple small scenes that I recall that were already mentioned. I got myself to a point now that fake tv vomiting no longer affects me (seriously exposure therapy), so total understand the concerns. Besides Sam kinda getting seasick, there isn't much in the way v*. Most scenes with v* you do see coming and they don't usually show it, just make fake noises briefly. If the fake foaming at the mouth does bother you, Joffrey's scene is one you will know is coming when he goes for a drink from his cup. Honestly, the scenes in question aren't that bad in terms of v* on TV and many you see coming. I can recall some movies and shows that had me nearly traumatized and I still remember them. I barely recall the ones from GOT so they didn't scar me. Pitch Perfect traumatized me.

Hope to be able to watch the next season soon-we had HBO NOW but in the process of moving to a new location so don't have at moment so no GOT right now-so sad If get chance to watch, I will let you all know what's up for season 7.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream