Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Open Windows Anyone?

Sometimes I think I have my emet thoughts FAIRLY under control but recently I have had bad spells of n* and my anxiety has gone through the roof again

This leads me to the subject of windows. If I go past any place (doesn't matter where or whether it's a house, school or any other building) and I see any windows that are wide open, I automatically assume that someone has v* in there and they have to let the room 'air'.

Why do I think that????? I think I am slowly losing the plot..........

Default Re: Open Windows Anyone?

people can have the window open for many reasons, maybe their AC is broken and they need cool air, or maybe they just simply like to have it open. i always try to think logically first
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

For me, if I see cones, wet floor signs, or a mop bucket in any public place, I swear someone v* and there is no convincing me otherwise. I hate it.

Me too, Charzy! It's so silly...but I will avoid that area at all costs. As for the windows, I keep mine open any time I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Charzy14 View Post
    For me, if I see cones, wet floor signs, or a mop bucket in any public place, I swear someone v* and there is no convincing me otherwise. I hate it.
    THIS IS ME..I get very anxious when I see that stuff in a store.

My windows are always open even in winter. Can't beat a good bit of fresh air to air out the house

I open my windows all the time. Actually had window half-open last night for the breeze (it was about 60F last night so it felt very nice and keeps apartment cool in the morning without needing the A/C yet, which means less electric and cheaper bills). When the weather is mild many people do that to avoid the heating/cooling bills and get fresh air. My schools would do this as well as they can't control the heating or cooling times so the A/C wouldn't be working yet or on full blast and making room chilly and same with heat, so teachers would open windows. Mostly happened in the spring and autumn when air was nice and mild. While it's possible a house or school or business would open windows for sickness, it's probably at the bottom of the reasons why a window is open.

The store thing though, I do mentally go there, that it is vomit. I know there's a million other more likely reasons like dropped food and spilled food or drinks, especially at a restaurant or grocery store (not to mention that they go through and mop the place from time to time anyway), but the mind goes there.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about going into a public place, lol. As for open windows, I have never thought of them as being open due to airing out from v*. I always open my windows on nice days just to smell the fresh air, hear the birds chirp, and lower my AC bill!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dxxr View Post
    My windows are always open even in winter. Can't beat a good bit of fresh air to air out the house
    Me too! Love the fresh air!

My windows are always open. I open them in the winter when I clean once a week and when it's spring or fall or a mild summer day I ALWAYS have all my windows open. Just means I like the fresh air and noise

Thanks everyone. But that's just how bad my emet is sometimes