Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Dry heaving caused by dry throat?

I made a thread about how I was dry heaving a while ago and while I was searching up ways to stop it, I noticed one person said their doctor says they dry heave because they're so nervous their throat dries up and causes the spasm. I was thinking this could be the same for me because when I dry heave, I have NO stomach nausea at all and my throat is certainly dry around those times.
    My Mom got me a spray that's supposed to be for dry mouth (I also noted in another thread that I have severe dry mouth that's effecting my teeth) and I read it can help your throat from being dry as well. I just tried it for the first time and I'm feeling a noticeable difference! I've never taken true notice before unless my mouth was as dry as a desert, but I'm actually noticing saliva in my mouth. I'm hoping it'll help my throat as well when it's dry and can at least simmer down the dry heaves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

Default Re: Dry heaving caused by dry throat?

I had never heard of that before. Very interesting. I have been suffering a lot from a very dry mouth Lately. Sometimes I am just fine inthe middle of something and it just happens. I dont have the dry heaves part but the dry mouth. Im thinking mines do to medications. Glad you are getting some relief