Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question about Noro incubation period?

Hello all!
    So, my bf was ill with intense v* and d* on Saturday. He started being ill at around 530 pm, it is now 11pm on Monday so that is over 48 hours after I was exposed (I left after his first episode of v*). I have been doing a lot of reading and some sites say the incubation period is up to 48 hours but some say it is up to 3 days? Anyway I am feeling very n* and anxious right now thinking I have caught what he had. Am I in the clear? Or do I still have another day of worry? Thank you all so much!

Default Re: Question about Noro incubation period?

Noro can technically show itself as early as 12 hours and as late as 72 but from experience and reading it's usually on average 36-48 hours. Since you left and haven't returned and are not sick yet I say your in the clear. Your probably feeling n* from anxiety. I think you are just fine!

I agree with the previous post. Do remember though that it can live on things for up to 2 weeks and in stool for the same amount of time. Thats why good hygeine is a must.

Yeah, Ive been quite diligent with my hygiene. Everything that was in his home I have touched using gloves and for the first twelve hours I used my phone with a plastic bag around it lol. And I saw him yesterday but we were outside and I only touched his arm and give him a hug (he is no longer showing symptoms). I washed my hands before ever touching my face or mouth and I ensured that he washed his hands often. So I should be in the clear, yes?