Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Encounter: random guy on the street

A couple days ago I was walking along on the sidewalk in this area where to one side is active road and to the other is a small grassy area. In the grassy area there was an old piece of cement barrier, and there was this guy sitting on it. Well I wasn't really making eye contact, but I did happen to be looking at him when he just suddenly vomited right as I was walking past him.

It was so...shocking!

I didn't even know how to feel at first.

I wasn't sure if, on the chance he was sick with norovirus, if there was any risk to me of catching it. I was within 5 feet of him, but it was outside. It's been 48 hours, which is late in the incubation period, from what I know. So what do you guys think, am I in the clear?

Default Re: Encounter: random guy on the street

How awful! That's the kind of thing that seems to happen to me way more than it should unfortunately and one of the biggest triggers for me to relapse back into worse anxiety so I hope you're doing ok now! 48 hours is very safe though, I don't think you have anything to worry about!

I HATE when stuff like that happens! Last year, I was at a 5K run/walk with my family. We were walking pretty quickly, and at the 1 mile marker this girl a few feet ahead of us shuffles over to a grassy area on the side and starts v*ing really loudly. I said to my parents, "Why did that have to happen RIGHT as we walked by?"

It's been well over 60 hours at this point, if you aren't sick right now you are probably okay.

I'm so sorry He might have been drunk. I had a very similar thing happen to me in Atlanta with a homeless guy who was drunk. I know it was traumatizing but I'm sure you're fine at this point; the full incubation period is 72 hours so you are past that now.