Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sv with d only?

Default sv with d only?

So I thought I just had some IBS symptoms around 5 yesterday--turns out I had D all night long and part of this morning. I finally was able to sleep most of today and had some crackers and ginger ale around 3pm, slept some more.

I assume since I haven't had any D since earlier this morning that maybe it's over? I'm not starving but I'm not experiencing any major food aversions, you know?

I was so afraid all night that I would v and felt miserable with cramping for so long. Is it totally possible to have the sv thing with only D?

Default Re: sv with d only?

It's very possible. It happened to my aunt and she's not even afraid. She had horrific d* for a couple of days, everything went straight through her - but she was never sick! I also had a bug in February without v*ing. It's totally possible, especially for emet's as we work harder to resist and avoid it,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

It happens quite often. A lot depends on the person involved. When I was a kid, the ones I had, I think there was no way for me to avoid it, but I have had what I strongly believe were SV with no v* and others where I feel like I could have not v* had I had antiemetics at the time.

To be honest I believe I got food poisoning back in 2011(it was horrendous) and even that wasn't with v* , if you don't feel n* at this point you're fine!

Chew on some gum if it creeps up but it should be out your system

I suffer from D too, whilst on my monthly's. Not fun.
    Get in touch - I'm sure we can share and help each other.
    Sadie x

I haven't vomited since 1976. I assume I've had many stomach viruses since then. Sometimes I get persistent diarrhea and can't figure out the cause so guess it's a bug. We emets are lucky that we usually don't puke even when we get bugs that cause most people to upchuck.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.